Chapter 34

Chapter 34 - On fire 

Point of View Ashton Rex 

So many emotions came rushing in every fiber of my body. I was heating up in the Chapel. The storm was raging inside of me, and only the calming eyes of my soulmate made this bearable. I never liked being the center of attention and I was so afraid I would let Alena down. This moment would change everything. 

I could feel and smell the fire from outside. I had chosen a random car outside the parking lot, and slowly released my anxiety on the car. I looked behind me for a second as I saw the flames reaching the colorful windows of the Chapel. 

It had been seconds, and I still didn't give an answer. I crossed the eyes off Sierra who was standing next to Alena. She nodded towards me and gave me a genuine smile. She had been a great friend this year. I smiled back before giving my answer. 

"I do." The whole crowed cheered and let out a deep breath. Alena started smiling again. I think I scared her for a second. 

The guide then took both our hands and slit a line with his amulet that were used for this ceremony. Our hands started bleeding. The old man then took both our hands and joined them together. Our blood was now flowing and mixing together. 

Music started playing again. Nikita handed me the ring I had picked out. It was a diamond shape diamond with a silver ring because Alena only wore silver jewelry. It went well with her skin tone. I slide the ring with my hand that was not holding Alenas. Then, it was Alena to slide my band with her free hand. 

We held each other hands for minutes. While the blood was mixing. I slowly felt faint, and dizzy. Nikita had to slightly hold me to make sure I wasn't going to fall over. 

As the blood was leaving my body, and as blood was mixing with my soulmates blood, I was starting to feel completely differently. I could hear some of her thoughts, I could feel her own heart beat inside her body. I could feel the sensation of the fine lace that wrapped around her body. I felt everything she felt, and if I concentrated enough, I could see inside her own mind. 

After minutes of celebration, the guide concluded the ceremony. He both gave us bandages to heal our wounds. They were wrapped by our friends. Nikita wrapped my hand while Sierra, Kaya, and Willow all helped to wrap Alena's hand. 

We turned back towards each other. The ceremony was now completed. "You may now kiss your husband, and wife." 

I didn't need to be told twice to kiss my wife. I placed my hands around her cheeks and got her close enough to press my lips against hers. One of the last times in a while. 

"Congratulations. One more bond has been successfully completed." The guide says while the crowed keeps cheering.

Alena had heard my thoughts because she gave me an angry look. She titled her head. I had forgotten that while we were in any type of sexual situation, the bond that we have becomes none existent, and your partner could hear and feel everything. 

You're leaving aren't you? She screams into her mind. So that I am the only one to hear her words.

I got a hold of her arm to walk her back out of the Chapel. Nikita would be waiting for me outside with the car, to head back home for the break. After that, I didn't know what I was going to do with Alena but I needed space. Our part was completed. We had finished the prophecy. We were never going to be good for each. 

"Yes." I simply whisper to her ear. 

It didn't take long for her to turn towards her Uncle who was already running towards her. She whispered something into her Uncle's ear. 

In front of the whole crowed, Alena started running. I ran after the back of her dress which was flying  in the air behind her. I linked eyes with Lilith who looked just as out of breath as I was. 

Outside of the Chapel, the sky was setting. The School seemed different. The scene was almost apocalyptic with one of the cars burning in the scenery. The flames were high in the sky and the smoke had emerge and created a cloud above campus which hid the sun away. 

Alena jumped into a black convertible. Her mascara had leaked everywhere. She was crying. I could feel the heartbreak. I could feel the pieces of my own heart shattering. 

"Why would you do all this?" She asks while she was driving away. 

With the competition of the bond, we began able to become telepath. 

"We had no choice to complete the bond." I simply answer. It was a partly a lie. I had no choice, but I completed it because I didn't imagine my life without her and I was selfish enough to make sure she wasn't going to be able to leave me. 

"Why did you break my heart?" I could tell these were going to be the last words that I hear her say to me for a while. I wanted to punch a wall. Nikita also pulled up with a car. I jumped in and punched the headboard in front of me. It slightly dented the car. I was too mad to care. I'd repay him later. 

He handed me a cigarrette. I lit the thing on fire, and took a deep breath of the poison. 

"Because I create Chaos around me." I reply to her while smoking. Then, the connection stops. I no longer feel her presence in my mind, or in my body. It was like she disappeared again. I looked in the back of my pocket, the necklace she was wearing had disappeared.  

"Fuck." I screamed while Nikita drove away from this hell of a place.