Chapter 30

Chapter 30 - Now or Never

Point of view Ashton Rex

Alena had fallen asleep quickly onto my arms. I had found extra blankets in the car we had stolen from the hospital. I had to sleep as well before driving her back to the school. Our adventure was short-lived, but in only a few days, the school would end for Thanksgiving break. I needed to go back home to make sure the small family I had left was alive.

Even though I was falling in love with this girl, my destiny will no longer guide my actions after this ceremony. The prophecy stated: "The ones that were marked by the moon, which are destined to hate one another. If they do, chaos will be awoken. Unless they complete the bond that will unite them forever."

The funny thing is that no matter what happened, chaos will be awoken. No matter what, hell will be upside down after our story. Together, we decided to run away from a hospital from sick people caused by our selflessness but away from each other, she will hate me. No matter if the bond will be complete or not.

No one would win out of this. I wish she understood this. I wish when I walk away, she will understand.

Alena's necklace is in my back pocket. The one she wears, as a shield from finding her soulmate. Whoever gave this to her must have been important. I'm guessing one of her parents. Alena never really talks about her parents. I wonder why.

As I was laying under the sky, I took a deep breath. I overthink way too much, especially when she's around me. She held on to me, and her expression was the cutest. She was so precious it hurt me to think of leaving her.

I turned over, as I preferred to fall asleep curled into a ball.

"No." She whispered into her sleep. I felt the pinch in my heart. Even asleep, she was hurt by my absence.

Sleeping outside, on top of the hill, giving us a wonderful view of the city was no problem. Due to my supernatural ability to turn to burn everything when I got too angry, my body's temperature was highly elevated at most times. I was way warmer than any human on this earth. I'm sure this didn't bother the little person that was sleeping by my side.

***

The sun got up early in the sky, waking both of us up. We didn't talk much after what happened last night. She was still sleepy when she got into the car to drive us back. I placed my hand on her thigh, sending shivers down her spine. I could feel every movement in her body. After what we had done last night, our bond was even stronger than before.

"You never talk about your parents," I commented while driving down the hill, taking the road towards the school.

"What do you want me to say... My mom died because her soulmate left her." She argued.

Dying from being apart from your soulmate is rare because people don't usually live but if it happens, it isn't that common that at least one person to die.

Yes, that was the risk I was willing to take. I was persuaded that together; we caused more chaos than apart. The prophecy only talked about completing the bond.

I drove for what seemed an eternity. I played music to cover the silence that had been installed in the car. Somehow, I could feel that Alena had a hint of what could happen when we got back to school.

"I'm ready." She said while looking me straight into the eyes. She didn't flinch or try to take those words away.

"Are you sure?" I ask while trying to find any hint of doubt in her but I found none. She nodded before turning her head towards the window that was cracked open. Her hair was playing in the wind. Her hair was all over the place and her make-up had disappeared from the night. Even like that, Alena was breathtaking.

"Open the cabinet in front of you." I indicate while watching her pull out the little box I had carried around me ever since the day I found out that she was my soulmate when I was with Kiana. I had asked everyone around me for advice but once I got to the store and found this little golden diamond ring in a shape of a pear, I knew that ring was made for her.

I could tell her that she was emotional and taken aback. She even was trying to catch her tears from rolling down her face. "It's beautiful." She said while putting the ring on the special finger which holds a vein that goes straight to your heart.

"Let's do this then, Princess," I say while turning onto University Road and passing the gates that allow us back into the University.

This time, we weren't following orders. We weren't completing a ceremony and a bond that would change forever to save lives, or because someone told me too. We were doing this because even without saying it, Alena and I were connected. Our soulmates were created to join.

Yes, for the first time and last time in my life, I was falling in love with this girl.