Chapter 35

Chapter 35- "You came back."

Point of view Alena Underwood

With tears in my eyes, Uncle Jay rolled towards our home. Home was the place where I grew up. Where the sun was always shining, where the beaches were always full during breaks but where the locals knew the secret spots. 

I had taken back my necklace back from Ash's pocket one time. I was thrilled that it made me numb for some time. It dissipated the bond, and held me in place. Somehow deep down, I knew that he was going to leave. Not because he didn't love me but because he thought he wasn't good enough and pushed me away. 

Uncle Jay was quiet during the long hours driving on highways, and through the American country side. Watching the corn fields, and the different farms we passed through kept me occupied while tears were rolling down my face. 

We had stopped at a store and picked out comfy clothes. I cried even more when I had to change out of my wedding dress into the ratchet clothes I had just bought. I threw the dress in the back of the car. 

Since, I haven't checked my phone but towards the fifth hour of driving, I decided to turn in on. I had several miss calls from Ash. I ignored all of them. Sierra also wrote me several messages. Most of them I ignored but the one that caught my attention said: "That necklace will worn out. It's not powerful enough to keep the bond quiet." 

I almost threw my phone out the window, but refrained myself. I turned it back off and threw it in the back of the car with my sorry looking wedding dress. 

I closed my eyes and fell asleep. I couldn't wait to get home. 

*** 

We got home late. I walked into the house in which I had so many memories. It still smelled the same. A mix of coconut and freshness. It was Uncle's Jay's favorite sense. Turtle met me at the door. She wagged her tail and rolled over on her stomach to greet me. 

"Hi baby!" I say while scratching her belly. 

After reuniting with Uncle Jay's dog, I turned to my room. I needed to be alone for a while. I decided to take Turtle on a walk to the Cove. My favorite place here. 

Without a second thought, I threw my blond hair into a messy bun. I took Turtles harness and hooked him up. He got excited and we went out on our way to the Cove. 

I took the same path I took every time I needed time to think. I walked on the beach for about ten minutes. Families were just started packing up their umbrellas and towels and calling their kids back from the water. A normal day at the beach, I thought. 

Then, I walked towards the mountain. While climbing the mountain, I tried not thinking about Ash. It was hard when I missed him already so much. I would do anything to fall asleep into his arms again, or simply just look at him. Ash was so handsome I could just stare at him for hours and never get bored. 

Why did he have to leave? 

I got to the top of the mountain. Turtle was following with such a joy. She had so much energy for a ten year old dog. I was so happy to see her this healthy. 

Once I got to the spot, I got excited. I could already imagine myself sitting on the bench that overlooked onto the ocean. On that spot, you could hear the waves crash against the sand. It was such a soothing sound I always feel asleep. It was my sanctuary. 

I was only a few feet away when I noticed that a boy was sitting there, at my spot. This place was supposed to remain unknown to the public. My heart ache a bit more knowing that I no longer had this place to myself. I guessed this is is what happens when you leave the place you had spent so much time in. 

I was about to turn around when I heard someone call my name. I thought I was dreaming but it started again, and louder: "Alena!" 

I turned my head, and squinted my eyes to see who was calling me. After a few more steps, my breath completely stop but it was already too late. Turtle had seen him. Turtle loved him and bottled towards him. She had missed him. She was jumping around and pulling on the leach while he greeted her. 

"Turtle! Oh my sweetheart." He screamed. 

I took a few more steps towards him and cleared my throat while nervously playing with my wedding ring. It felt so strange to have one here. I was only gone for three months and here I was, back home and married. 

"Alena."  He called my name again as I was facing out. 

The last time I had seen him, I loved him with all my soul. I couldn't love anyone more than I did with him as a human relationship. I genuinely knew every single thing about this man's life. He took care of me when I was ill. He never left me. I did. I left and tried to use my poorly skilled powers to make him forget my existence. That was embarrassing. 

"Justice." I murmur as if it was a dream. 

HIs bright blue eyes looked at me like they did only a few months ago. With so much love, and care. Things had changed though. His hair was longer, and he seemed much more jacked than the last time I had seen him. He also seemed more tan which was hard to believe for a surfer who spent his days in the sun. His birth mark that colored his armed was also still there and the small scar under his eye brow was also there. 

"You came back."