Chapter One---uhh?

'What in the world? What's up with all the dust?'

As she blinked, her blurry vision began to clear, but she was even more confused. 'Where am I?' The walls were made of stone, and in front of her was a pool of water.

'I can't move. And what is up with all this dust!?'

She gradually was able to move her head. The stone walls were partially covered in glowing mosses. She was in a cave; it was completely sealed.

'Why do I feel so slimy? What am I? Everything feels odd.'

Turning her head, she caught sight of her back.

'Wings... wyvern? Bat? No, I have front legs. Am I a dragon then?'

Stretching her neck farther, she saw an egg.

'If that's my egg, am I covered in yolk?'

As she took in her condition, she calmed down a bit.
She lifted a front leg to wipe her face. What came off was a translucent yellowish goop.

'Gross, definitely yolk. I appear to have just hatched so I probably won't need food for a while.'

'How am I supposed to get out? And I still can't move much.'

Waving her paw around moved the dust and it gradually flowed back.

'What is this stuff? It floats around very slowly. '

She took a deep breath and blew. It didn't move.

'Will it only move if I touch it?'

Intrigued, she moved all she could reach into a ball about the size of a tennis ball.

'It definitely isn't dust, as it stays where I put it.'

At a loss, she tried to wave it toward her.

'Huh? It moved but I didn't even cause wind. Did it follow my thoughts?'

Picturing it moving towards her did as she hoped.

'So the particles follow my thoughts. Is it magic? If that's the case...'

She imagined it as fire, but it erupted too close and she jerked away from the sudden heat.

'Yup, definitely magic. Why is this fire so big?'

The fire in front of her was the size of a rather large bonfire.

'Is it because I used so much of the dust? Well, I guess it would be mana if I use game terms.'

After a minute of trying, she figured out all she had to do to get rid of it was picture it extinguishing. Excited, she began experimenting with different ways of using it.

'If I surround myself and manipulate the mana correctly, I can move!'

Pushing herself towards the water, she looked in. She could see her reflection in the water.

She stared at herself for a few moments  before turning her attention further down

She stared at herself for a few moments  before turning her attention further down. Underneath her reflection was the ocean.

'This pool is like a submarine dock. Wow, didn't expect that, but at least I can get out.'

Swimming quite close were some bass. Food supply OBTAINED. Turning back around she looked at the cave.

'I guess this is home for now. Can I manipulate rock?'

She suddenly felt tired and recalled she was a newborn. She felt safe enough to let sleep overtake her.

***

'Cleaning magic is simple, easy, and convenient. Making rocks change shape takes a lot of energy though.'

The cave now looked like a building inside, as she had spent the last several days squaring the walls, smoothing the floor, and sharpening her skills. She no longer needed to focus on the visible mana.

'I wonder what type of world I'm in. It obviously has dragons and magic but I wonder what culture is like. Still, I'd better wait to go out until I can move freely without using magic.'

Her stomach growled, and she looked at it ruefully.

'I'm hungry. I got way too absorbed.'

Catching and preparing the fish was easy and quick. And after gathering the right amount of mana for fire, she dug in.