Chapter Fourteen---Looking Around

"So you want to come with me to pick them up?"

"Okay, that's sounds interesting."

Kila took off her jacket and set it on a chair, before holding her hand towards Vander. He took the hint and removed his jacket, handing it to her. After she'd set his down, she walked back to him and started casting again.

"Warning, I'm going straight to his office. He doesn't usually expect it, but adjusts quickly."

"That sounds quite inconsiderate."

"Dragon perks. They're considered overlords. He doesn't know, but doesn't seem to mind me anyway."

"Ah."

The spell once again took them, startling Norle again. He didn't fall out of his chair this time, but Kila heard his chair squeak. He looked at her balefully before noticing Vander.
Vander reciprocated, his impression of the man was fairly good. Norle was of average stature, with light brown hair, dark brown eyes, and looked gentle and honest. Norle's reaction was slightly different, as he saw a handsome young man in front of him. Vander was wearing dark glasses (courtesy of Kila), that covered his inhuman eyes, but his appearance was unusual anyway. From his beaten up foreign looking clothes, to his grey hair.

"Miss Kila, who is this?"

"An acquaintance of mine. Ah, is the manager ready to go?"

"Yes, I gave him the extra scroll, so give me a minute to message him."

He sent the message, and after a few minutes was a knock on the door. Kila answered it, and the man walked in. This man also looked honest, and Kila was quite satisfied with him.

"Hello, I'm Kila, and you? Ah, I'm your employer by the way."

"My name is Orlando, nice to meet you."

His voice was fairly deep and he was speaking softly. Orlando also seemed nervous.

"Nice to meet you too. I have a house set up for you to stay in. All your living expenses will be taken from profits, you'll also have an above average income. I leave it to you to pay the required taxes, and I'll need you to pay the mercenary guild farmers when they come by as well."

"Alright, where is this?"

"Near the village I stayed at for a while. I met Norle on one of his deliveries there."

"Ah. Who is your associate?"

"Vander Ourin, it's a pleasure."

"Nice to meet you as well sir."

Vander looked at Norle to see him glaring slightly at Kila, it seemed he wanted to negotiate. That thought was correct, as Norle was slightly miffed at having his role stolen. Vander's lips twitched into a poorly hidden smile as Norle fake glared.