The End (Wolffe x reader)

TW — blood, implied death

Y/N is hurt but doesn't want Wolffe to know.

—————

"Wolffe?" She breathed into her comm. "You there?"

   She grimaced as thick blood seeped around the edges of the blade.

   "I read you Y/N.  What's your status?"  Wolffe said.  The timbre of his voice sent comfort in waves. She sighed. 

   The comm was secure.  No one could hear her but Wolffe. Y/N stifled a sob into her fist.  He would never hear her voice again—oh how that would tear him apart.

   "Everything's doing great, love.  I just..." she paused as pain intensified, fearing she'd given away her fate.

   "Are you sure?  You don't sound 'great.'"

   She chuckled, "I promise you, I'm sure." 

   "What were you saying a moment ago?"

She thought back on what little she'd said.  Did she trail off?  It was so hard to recall...  so many thoughts.  All she could focus on was just how heavy her limbs had become. 

   "What do you mean?"

   Wolffe replied, "You said 'I just,' and didn't finish.  Are you busy with something?"

   'I just...' what?  What had she been about to say?  Think, y/n!

   "Oh," she bluffed, "I just wanted to tell you how much I love you."

   "Cyar'ika, what's wrong?  Do I need to be there?   I can leave now and be there within a few hours."

   She tilted her head back, trying to ignore the pain.  She fought to keep it out of her voice.  "Nothing, I swear by the Force.  Nothing's wrong.  No rush."  As soon as her hand was off the button, she released a guttural moan. It helped for a moment, but that dull ache only grew.  The darkness came closer.

   "Are you sure, love?  You don't usually say that kind of thing out of the blue."

   "I figured I'd surprise you."  She smiled as tears tore down her cheeks.  "Especially since this is so rare.  And I can't say this in person until I get to base.  Kriff knows how much longer I have to wait here before the others are ready to leave."

   "Well," he began, then she could hear the concern in his voice.  She choked as his next words came.  "consider me surprised, my love."

   Hot, salty tears licked her tongue as she reached for the button to reply.  The world seemed to be a little dimmer.  The air, colder. 

   "I'll see you soon." She managed.  "Don't wait up for me."  Her last words a whisper. 

   "You know I can't not wait up for you.  It's tradition.  I can't wait till you're home, love... I miss you."  He replied. Y/N trembled, fighting back her sobs. 

   "Right," she said between shaky breaths.  "Tradition."

   "Are you sure you're alright?  I know you don't like to cry.  I'll stay on the line if you want."

   She drew a long, painful breath.  The sky was really, really bright, but it was as if the light dreaded touching her skin.  She glanced down again—her mistake.  She didn't realize one person could bleed that much.  It painted the grass black.

   "I need to go, love."  She muttered, mouth dry.  "I promise I'll be alright soon.  I just need a moment."

   "I'll see you soon then?"

   She desperately wanted to hang on just a little while longer.  She wanted to talk with him until she could no longer form words.  She needed him to be with her as she said goodbye.  She had to hear him say her name one last time.

   "Wolffe," She prodded.

   "Y/N,"

   There it was.

   "I love you."  She gasped for air, head spinning. She closed her eyes.  "More than life itself.  More than anything."

   "I love you too," he hummed.  "Don't take too long getting here.  You sound tired."

   "I'll try,"

   "Goodbye, Y/N."

   "Goodbye, Wolffe."

   The comm link severed. She groaned, eyes watching the beautiful sky.  The breeze ruffled the flora around her and she took one final breath of crisp air.  This was it.  After all the fighting and death she'd seen.  After all of the nightmares and restless days.  After all of the clones she had the honor of knowing. Y/N could finally

finally..

A/N: Inspiration came from this v

———

Q. If you could make one phone call to any clone, who would you choose?

A. I think I'd call Fives probably. He seems like he'd be fun to talk to over the phone for some reason