Revelation in the Storm (Tech x Reader)

TW - bad weather / tornado 

Isaura (reader) and the Bad Batch are traveling through the plains of a quiet planet.  It only takes a close call with death to get Isaura to finally confess her secret.

I know this doesn't technically read as an x reader, but I wrote it with that in mind.  The name Isaura was simply to humanize the character that I was writing.  I hope you enjoy!

———

The Bad Batch were on an adventure. Having lost contact with the Republic after their ship crashed on a sparsely populated planet, they began a journey to find civilization. It would be a very tiring one, but they were willing. The plains of this planet were vast and dry, but to the dast was a settlement that might have what the group needed to get home.

Isaura was a long time friend of the Bad Batch, having been on a few of their short-term missions. She was an informant for the Republic and an invaluable figure for low-key ops. She got them into places that no clone could, regardless of their modifications. On this perilous trip, she had the pleasure of being with the boys.

A few days into the journey had them almost halfway to the destination. They started a fire from what kindling they'd gathered along the way and set up places to rest. As they cooked up some local wildlife for dinner, the party was relatively quiet. While they say in silence, Isaura found herself itching for some entertainment. She eyed the men in turn. Tech was buried in his glitching datapad reading about the planet they were on. Wrecker was fiddling with an explosive that he'd been trying to upgrade since before the crash. He'd said something about it having too much delay. Crosshair cleaned rifle with a keen eye and kept his other eye on the food. Hunter was out yonder being stoic as always, keeping watch over their group. A smile grew on Isaura's face while an idea sprung to mind.

"Hey, Wrecker," said Isaura. "Truth or dare?"

He paused and shrugged, "Dare."

With a grin she whispered, "Try to put Tech's goggles on."

Tech remained unmoved, apparently he hadn't noticed the conversation. Wrecker rubbed his hands together and chuckled, causing Isaura to worry that she'd made a mistake. He got up and nonchalantly tiptoed around the fire and stood behind Tech. His giant hands hovered inches away from the goggles. Out of nowhere shot Tech's hand, foiling the big guy's plans.

"If you intend to take them, I will not be pleased."

"W-what?" Fumbled the giant, "I got no idea what you're talking about. I'm just uh... you know..."

Just when Isaura believed Wrecker would give up, he snatched the goggles. Tech yelped and reached back, grabbing firmly to his brother. He leapt at the strongman and managed to knock him off his feet.

"I—need those—to see!"

They wrestled, earning Hunter's attention. The three onlookers peered at the two, wondering if they should intervene. Dirt kicked into the air, an arm was scratched, but a victor rose before long, goggles in hand.

Wrecker jumped up and shoved the goggles onto his face with a triumphant shout. Tech sat in the rubble looking like a defeated child as he squinted at his larger brother. Parading around the campfire, Wrecker laughed and stood in front of Isaura as the final judge. She laughed at his strangely enlarged eyes and he turned back. Isaura noticed a small grin on Tech's lips and her heart warmed a little.