Dramatic (Kix x fem!reader)

Kix sees a lot of injuries every day.  Y/N is really dramatic about hers.

---------

A sprained or dislocated ankle was rather common in battle.  Rough terrain and constant distractions caused so many of these injuries that Kix was ready to fight the Kaminoans for better ankle-supporting combat boots.

As the battalion settled in to rest that night, Y/N came to the medic for assistance.  She was a civvie-trooper, as most liked to call them.  Her and Kix had hit it off from the moment they met a few weeks prior.  Some clones automatically assumed that they were dating, though they shrugged off comments about it.  Born and raised on Tatooine, this scout was used to sand, not mountain ranges.  Kix wasn't surprised when she removed her boot to show a bruised, swollen ankle.

"When did this happen?"

A shrug. "On my way back from scouting I think.  It hurt bad enough to floor me... not that I didn't get up immediately.  I'm sure I fell from shock more than anything--"

"Y/N, it's normal to feel pain.  There's no shame in it.  Rolled ankles hurt like hell, but you'll recover in a few weeks." He took her ankle and rested it on his knee to get a better look.  "See how it's swelling up and around here?  It's a high sprain.  Typically, people get swelling down here.  They generally heal just as quickly, depending on the person."

"Can I still go out there tomorrow?"

The medic nodded, "Yes.  You're going to need to move around though so it doesn't get stiff."

"Okay.  How much do I need to move?"

He looked up at her, "Quite a bit.  This your first time?"

She smiled sheepishly, "I tend to not get hurt often."

He nodded and grinned in return, "That's a good skill to have in this way of life."

"What can I do to get the swelling down?  It feels like I have a stone on my foot."

"Typically, I'd have you use an ice pack on it.  But there's a fresh mountain stream not far from here, and an ice soak has a lot of benefits.  The water's melted from the snow on the mountain's peak, so it's ice-cold."

"That doesn't sound very pleasant, Kix."  She frowned, "You know I have a thing with water."

"Don't worry, Y/N," he winked, "I'll hold your hand."

She smiled and thwacked his chestplate, "I don't need you to hold my hand."

"Regardless, it'll help take the edge off and bring the swelling down."

She looked up at him, tired eyes in turmoil.  Kix raised a brow at her, adjusting the sleeve of his blacks.  As the sun continued to set, the temperature dropped subtly.  After a moment of silence, she groaned and reach for her boot.

"If it makes you happy,"

Kix informed his fellow medic on duty that he was headed out for a little while before leaving.  As they walked, he could tell she was fighting a drastic limp.  It was obvious to him that she hadn't experienced much physical pain.   Rex would have tightened his boots and walked her injury off without as much as a grunt.  The medic stopped and forced himself to quit comparing her to a battle hardened clone bred for war.  That wasn't a fair comparison.

They arrived at the stream and she sat down and yanked her boot off, wincing.  Meanwhile, Kix bit his cheek, wondering how he'd get the desert girl to do this.  Some clones even refused to ice their wounds.  He pulled up a timer and set it for fifteen minutes, then turned back to Y/N.