Romance For a Dreamer (Fives x Reader)

Possible TW: confrontation of a weirdo at a restaurant

You, an avid story lover, and Fives, a hopeless romantic, enjoy a morning date in downtown Coruscant.

~~//~~//~~

   Days like this were few and far between.  Akin to the moonflower which only blooms at night, you felt alive for the first time in weeks as you strode down the beautiful downtown scene of Coruscant, hand in hand with your close friend.  There weren't many days that Fives could sneak away with you into this mayhem, but when he did, it was anything but chaotic.  You glued yourself to his side the entire time you strolled, looking from shop to shop, commenting at the items in many of the windows.  No way in the galaxy could you afford to make rent and buy most of the things you eyed, but it was fun to dream.  

   You stopped just short of an otherworldly building.  Its face rose with wooden archways which trimmed shimmering windows with light dancing along their seams like a masquerade.  A shining golden brown metal adorned the wood with swirls that traveled from above the windows clear to the weathering of the transparisteel swinging door.  You marveled at the old-timely structure.  On the door in swirling, beautifully crafted Aurebesh were the words, "For those who love a tale as old as time."

   "What are you waiting for?"

   You grinned up at him and took off for the door, trying to not show just how excited you were.  He was fast behind you.  The moment you stepped into the cool space, your soul drew a long, much-needed breath.  You took in the room.  It was warmly lit and smelled of old, dusty manuscripts.  It reminded you of a time that you had no memory of, imploring you to believe you had once roamed worlds in the time before datapads.  It was a foreign nostalgia that you couldn't explain.  You spun in place to take in the entirety of it, savoring the discovery, and stopped when you faced Fives.  His eyes danced too, but not at the store.  He grinned at you.  You turned to the nearest shelf to hide the burning in your face.  

   You scanned the contents of the shelf.  Children's books.  Titles you'd read long ago, others you'd never heard of.  You rifled through the aisles—there weren't enough of them.  The genre switched to classic titles.  A particular book caught your eye and you snatched it, turning to find Fives.  He was standing in the fantasy aisle, staring at titles you were sure he'd never read.   

   "Look what I found!  I didn't realize they still produced it."

   "Pride and Prejudice," Fives hummed.  "Sounds... exciting."

   "It is!" You practically squealed.  He bit back laughter.   "Stop, I think you would actually like this story."

   "Humor me," 

   "It's about lovers and quarrels and such wit and banter like I've never read.  You might learn a thing or two from it."  And you might learn to admit your feelings, you thought silently towards him.  No.  If anyone needed to admit feelings, it was you.  

   "Alright, if you really think I'll like it."

   "I do,"

   "I'll get it then,"

   You grinned ferociously.  He had no idea what he'd gotten himself into.  

   "What about for you?"

   You shot him a look of question.

   "Are you going to get anything?"

   You strolled over to him and made a show of staring at the shelf he just examined.  You eyed the beautifully bound covers before you.  Surely each book would cost a fortune.  "I don't know."  You grabbed a glimmering red one and stared at the cover.  'A Court of Thorns and Roses.'  Fascinating.  You flicked through the pages, landing on the back.  The one with the price tag.  No, that would be far too expensive.