1) Lies and Felix

Marinette slowly strolled into the empty classroom. It smelt fresh, a new year, new intentions and--

"Hey Lila!" 

new lies. (dramatic sigh from author) She'd still have to endure the year with Lila. She had joined last year, and from the first day, her life crumbled into tiny pieces. She lied so often that one couldn't even count. (Well the bluenette did). At least Adrien, Alya and Nino were there... Although, Alya wasn't quite fond of Marinette disliking the Italian girl. She sat on her designated seat next to Alya, who hadn't come yet. Bored, she got out her most prized object and started sketching random designs. It was an odd feeling for the teen, since she had always been late ever since she was Ladybug, and ended up embarassing herself. She only hoped for Lila not to sit in the front to trip on her, that'll be even more embarassing. She found herself later sketching Chat Noir in his suit and blushed immediately. As she was daydreaming about the superhero, her friends finally came by. 

"Hey Mari!" Alya greeted, sitting next to her bestfriend. 

"Hey Al!" She greeted back giving her a warm smile. Alya smirked at her and leaned to see her sketches, but Marinette pulled it away from her sight, giving a perfect view for Adrien.

"Hey Marinette! Watcha drawing?" Marinette jumped and waved to Adrien, closing the note book and tucking it under her desk. The bell rang, motioning  the boys to their seats. Marinette turned to Alya, ready to start a conversation.

"So, how were your-" Cut off by the Italian, she glared at Lila.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I interrupted you..." Lila muttered sadly, head down.

"It's okay, you didn't! So, what is it?" Alya reassured her with a comforting smile. On the other hand, Marinette was fuming at the liar's manipulation. She fumed even more seeing her bestfriend comforting her  lying face and the fact that it was obvious she was going for the 673th lie, at the first day of school. Maybe even more, since she must have lied some more before stepping into the class. She clenched her fists, trying to control her anger.

" I think you know of my tinnitus, so I need to sit in the front to hear the teacher. Marinette or Alya, may I sit in one of the places this year?" Alya and Marinette looked at each other.

" I promise I will change position when my doctor finds a cure!" The liar smiled in pity. Marinette did not hesitate exposing the lie.

" First off, tinnitus cannot be cured, second if you get away from that one with another lie why don't you seat next to Adrien? It's the closest." Marinette suggested, giving another glare at Lila. You could say that her words were a bit too cross, that it was heard by Ivan sitting in front of them, gasping and saying her name dramatically. Judging by the situation Marinette ignored his reaction. Lila looked at her shock, and probably was ready to cry. Alya looked at her with contempt.

"He refused." That wasn't a lie, since he'd actually refused, which Marinette wasn't sure to really count that as the 673th lie. 

"Okay then, Alya and I will move to get you more space." she smiled smugly, already grabbing confused Alya's hand. But in response Lila came up quickly with another lie and smiled eviley in her mind.

"Actually the constant ringing in my ear, may cause me to faint. So I need someone to catch me or carry me to the nurse's" So why don't you ask your Prince charming Adrien to do that for you, more sweetly this time. She sighed at the thought of sitting next to her; a nightmare. She couldn't even make out the things she'll do to her. With hesitation, she packed her bag and left without uttering a word to Alya.

The bluenette looked around the class, they were no other seats, since they were already taken by people, the only seat was at the back next to Felix. The bluenette spotted Felix reading a book, silently she gulped. Felix was known to be the villain who was cold and silent. Could he allow her to seat next to him? There was only one way to find out. She walked to the seat, as she tripped on air but two hands caught her in time. She looked up to see... 

Adrian. (nope we ain't spelling it like that. HELL NAW)

Corrected: Adrien. (now kids, do not spell the name like that. or else...) 

She got up fast and felt dizzy.

"Are you okay?" He asked in a concerned voice.

"I-I'm fine." she answered, they both stared at each other for a few seconds, seeming like hours to both teens, motionless.

"I, uh, better go..." She chuckled nervously, pointing her index and thumb finger, towards him.

"Yeah..." He answered, scratching the back of his neck.

After the interruption, she made her way to the seat and just... sat. Leaving her bag in front of her, under her desk. He didn't say anything. hooray. His face remained monotone. He always wore suit-like, but this year the only difference was the hair. It was a bit messy, but not as much as his cousin; Adrien. Felix soon realised that Marinette was staring at him intensively. He cleared his throat and continued reading, making Marinette snap out. She was unaware that class had started and Mme Bustier had started taking attendance.

"Marinette?" The teacher called out.

"Present!"

"Alright, Max Kante..." She called out to all the students of the class, then the lesson began. However, Marinette was not paying attention, she was looking over to Alya and Lila, talking. She gritted her teeth in anger. This went on for a long time, until lunch. Sadly, she hadn't taken notes. She watched as both went out, laughing.

"If you are going to focus on Rossi the whole lecture, I'd advise you do something." Felix said coldly fixing his gaze on his book.

"Huh?" Does that guy even talk? Right, he's human. And does he ever go away from his book?

"I know you heard me Ms. Dupain-Cheng." He closed his book, with a small thud and headed out of class. Oh, he does get out of his book. Marinette followed too, walking towards the cafe, for the first time, she ate alone, for a few minutes.

This year is gonna be crap, she thought.

Hey people, i finished chappie 1. ok so u should know that these updates are gonnnna be sooooooo slow. 

-Bug out!

Published: Feb 26 2022