26) I know

"M-Monarch?" she had been expecting this terrifying moment for a long time now. Her arch nemesis threatening her for her miraculous, or even worse. Monarch was in front of her. She didn't expect it, now. He was way more terrifying, his eyes matching with his suit. Her partner gritted his teeth, preparing his baton, thrusting it to his side in anger. "You wicked monster." he uttered in disgust. "I don't see what your problem with me is, I just came here to-" as if on cue, their miraculouses glimmered and reflected the light, suggsting they were not ordinary objects. "-borrow something of yours." he finished, the man smirking at the younger raged heroes.

"And while you're at it, you might as well," the akuma raised a sassy brow. "destroy them." she chuckled evily. "Exactly my plans, dear akuma." Vidincta eyed him, clearly offended. Ladybug drew out her magical yoyo, swinging it in the air, prepared for a fight. The villain glanced at her candid weapon. "It won't end well for you, Monarch." Chat hissed. "This fight won't end well, you mean. I didn't come here to cause ruckus. Yet. But I just want to make a compromise." Both heores lowered their weapons, their stances still prepered. "No matter what, we will not accept." the green-eyed hero declared, glaring daggers at the man. "It has nothing to do with your miraculous at all, Chat Noir." he concluded.

"Go on," Ladybug started, frowning. Her partner sent her a confused look, nevertheless going back to Monarch. Vidincta also shared the same expression, nudging Monarch on the shoulder; this wasn't part of their plan. "I believe you're aware of the miraculouses in my possession." Ladybug's eye twitched again, but nodded. "I'm in need of one more." Chat heaved his baton, ready to charge anyway. Ladybug soon stopped him, squeezing his biceps harshly, ceasing any abrupt movement. "To not beat around the bush, I want the miraculous of the Whale, in exchange for two miraculouses; the snake and fox." he smiled. "How does that sound?"

The room was silent, and Ladybug's heart began racing in anxiety. What? She had never expected Monarch to pull out such bargain. It was insane. Yet a good deal. She could easily track the miraculous, 'borrow it', and give it to him. Only one akuma was released so far, and she'd gain two. Good progress. She clenched her fists, the yoyo's circular motion coming to a slow end, as she slowly put it back to her waist, her guilty eyes fixed to the tiles. It was possible. And she could eventually bring the miraculous back when she retrieves the others. Easy Peasy.

"No-"

"Who starts?" she asked, her gaze shifting back to Monarch's unsettling, villainous eyes. The cat widened his eyes. No way she was giving up to this. "You, give me the miraculous first." "W-" she raised a brow. "How do I know I can trust you?" Monarch chuckled. "I'm not the one keeping them." he stated, leaving them shook.

"Your friend is."

The man stepped aside, revealing a taller figure. A male that looked undeniably tired, his black slightly slanting forward. He wore a white shirt and his hands tied with ropes. A teal shiny, bracelet and deep orange necklace lied on his skin, entirely new jewelry worn by him.

"Luka!" Chat exclaimed, releasing himself from the painful grasp of his partner, her gasping in surprise. "Let him go, you bastard!" he yelled, rushing towards the villain, as if he was pole-vaulting. Monarch easily dodged his attack, the feline's momentum moving in front of Luka, the akuma pushing him in even more. The boy looked at him, his dull ocean eyes making eye contact. He sadly smiled at his friend. "I'll be fine." he mouthed, the hero's eyes narrowing incredulously.

"As you can see, Couffaine has been with me for a while, keeping the miraculouses with his life. If you manage to retrieve what I want," he pointed to Luka. "he shall still stay with me." Chat seemed doomed. "What?!" "In both ways, you get something. Win-win. If you refuse, I'll have Couffaine back to you." Chat frantically glanced at his partner, unbudging. "So, what do you-" "Fuck you!" he growled, trying to land a punch, which went unsuccessful, sending him flying somewhere else. "I'm talking to the guardian, not you stray." he voiced out, as if in some sort of discomfort, wipping the invisible dust.