28) A text message

School had only started a week later.

The authorities didn't think much of the recent akuma, since it was just like the others. It was just that Mr. Damocles wanted to keep an eye on his new cosplay costume for the week, but didn't want to leave the school as well. What a selfish man. It was only when school started that the staff realized something strange... Especially from the seniors... The normal friend groups had aberrated from their norms and segregated to different others, only one thing didn't change; Felix was still lonely. Adrien and Marinette spent much more time together, Nino didn't even attend school at all, and Alya stuck with Lila's other minions. Speaking of which, the girl wasn't at school either. Although everyone brushed it off when they received a Zoom call from her the early morning.

"How wonderful, Lila! How's Rome?" "Oh, it's great! But it's a little sad without my mom..." automatically, everyone felt bad for her, even Felix. "We're so sorry for your loss Lila." the teacher reminded. Lila nodded her head sadly. "It's fine, I'll be back after the funeral!" she exclaimed. The class cheered after her as she cut said her good byes and cut the call abruptly. The class soon resumed, and so did the tension. Felix and Marinette didn't spare a glance towards each other, despite sitting next to each other. While copying notes, the bluenette's pen traversed to his side, and since the desk was quite long, it had crossed a long distance, and his part of the table. It wasn't really decided on whose side was whose, or the distance cutting between the two, but their anger for each other definitely made one.

Felix glanced at the pen in curiosity, but ignored it nonetheless; it was touching his writing left hand slightly, and that triggered Marinette. She didn't want to repeat the same incident that had occurred previously, so she let it go by rummaging another pen in her pouch. Felix flitted his eyes to what she was doing, and simultaneously pushed her pen with his pinky, resulting for the other pen she had slapped on the table to roll off along with the ignored one. Marinette exhaled, cupping her unnecessary anger in her. She knew she was getting worked for no reason, but she didn't want a repeat. A repeat of Felix ordering her to move, resulting her to cause him to storm out. Although, she really needed to write her notes, but at the same time she didn't want to- Wait, was that Adrien walking over here? The kind blond offered her a warm smile and kneeled to hand over her pen. To say the truth, Marinette was shook. Did he just come up here to give her her two pens because of her anxiety? Wow, that guy was a different thing.

"Tch," the other blond mumbled, his right palm propped up his chin; he had just finished copying. She could tell the little glare Adrien gave to his cousin, which Felix gladly gave back. Marinette had a feeling that this happened to them more often to her knowledge, causing her to frown for a spilt second. She quickly brushed it off with a smile and thanked Adrien. The latter went back to sit, an apparent smile on his face. "You could've just asked me." Felix muttered, his eyes still on the board. "I could've but I believe you know the gravity of the situation, Felix." she gritted her teeth, the memory reminding of her of the awful deed he had done. "Just because we are in conflict doesn't mean I can't talk to you." "Look at you, contradicting yourself." she scoffed. "I guess we're even then."

"What did I do?" "Contradicting your job; you know, I never knew just how precious those kwamis were to you, than actual people." "They have incredible powers-" "But, I'm assuming they can take care of themselves? Couffaine has powers as well, might I add." he cut in. Marinette scowled at him, a grin on his face. "Touché." she seethed, resuming the writing. Felix knew he was taking this too far, the whole point was to aplogize. Yet, he didn't want to be wrong. Of course, she would be right anyway since he was a traitor, but the feeling to be looked down upon was just too embarssing. He would eventually let her know, but only when he had done something that could benefit the two. That would balance her anger for something better.