31) The World is an elaborate tapestry of lies

A/N:

omg, i literally nominate myself the best author ever. Daily updates? Dang.

"Why were you outside anyway?" the boy asked in concern, draping his jacket over her shoulders to prevent her from getting cold. "I-I ran away from home." she answered, walking with him in slow steps, the rain drizzling. "Don't mind me asking, but why?" "I don't like it there." she coldly replied. "Wanna come to mine for now? I'm just heading there." he offered. "Uh... Sure." she agreed shyly. No one had ever been kind to her like that, well, unless it wasn't fueled by her lies, that is. Right now, she only depended on Monarch, and when he summoned the akuma whilst she was forming a master plan, she was Lila Rossi again. Yet, she remembered everything.

"You... Live on a boat?" she questioned, eyeing the house up and down, from a distance. "Yep. Kinda cool to be honest. Now, hurry up! The rain's catching on!" he reached out for her hand and guided her towards the boat, their pace quickening. Once they arrived the entrance of the dock, he gestured for her to go in first. "Ladies first," he offered her a welcoming smile, her obliging. Once in, he announced to his family that he was home. "I'm home! And I brought s- Woah!" his sister rushed to give him a hug, as Luka hugged back tightly. "I was worried," she muttered. "I wasn't even gone for more than 24 hours!" he chuckled patting her head as they parted. "Yeah, but more than 12 hours, you were gone for more than a night!" she protested. "Won't do that again, Jul, promise." she grinned under her bangs and stared at the guest.

"Why is she here?" she demanded pointing at her. Another figure apeared in the room, yawning under the navy blue blanket with a packet of chips. "Oh, hey Luka. Who's that- LILA??" she exclaimed, looking at her up and down. "Get away from her, she's still akumatized!" she yelled, climbing one of the couches for... defense. "Oh, come on Alix, does she look akumatized to you?" Luka inquired, flailing his arms to gesture Lila. "Monarch has miscellaneous abilities, if you didn't know. Remeber Chameleon, Juleka? Yeah, that might be a reprise." she suggested, scowling at the supposed villain. "Monarch summoned the akuma away, I'm not-" "Oh, yeah? That was an illusion! I saw it with my eyes!!" "Okay-" "I don't trust you, Rossi..."

"Alix, is she harming you right now?" the older teen asked. "No..." "So, don't you think that if she was an akuma, she wouldn't have hurt you? Monarch is technically after us." "But that is the point! She'll come to us because she wants to hurt us!" "Okay, so she's an 'akuma'? I have enhancements, you'll be good." he brushed off, asking Lila if she was still cold. "Hm, sure she's not your girlfriend, Luka?" Juleka teased, as her brother sent a glare coming her way. "I'll get you a towel," he decided, eyeing the two other girls before exiting the living room. Alix huffed in annoyance. "Just because you two have seen each other before and that you work for Monarch, doesn't mean that you can kiss up to him like that and lie to him." Lila's jaw went stiff. "I'm not lying." she grumbled.

"You sure? You could be lying about that right now." she taunted as Lila's fists curled up in balls. "Hey, want orange juice? I'll go get it." Juleka muttered, leaving as quickly as possible, not sure who that was directed to. Alix turned to the Italian. "Did you lie about your mother's death so people could pity you? I have a feeling she's in Milano, alive. " Lila's upper lip twitched in anger. "Pathological liar." she spat. "Look at what you did to me!!" she lowered her sleeve to display the painful mark. "I know you're akumatized, so it's still here." Okay, Lila had enough. "Are you stupid or something? It's an injury, of course it's still there! Ladybug didn't do her magical bugs, she did them when I was still Vidincta! When she witnessed the fake butterfly, she did it, so your tattoo is still there! I seriously don't know how you were Bunnyx."

"She got a point though." Luka pointed out, coming out of nowhere. "Hey, Jul, do you know where mom is, by the way?" "She's running errands." she shouted back. "Okay. As I was saying, can we just relax right now? She proved her self, besides, this is my house. Not yours Alix." "Pfft, you know what, fine. But I didn't say I didn't warn you," she put her hands up, retreating back to Juleka's room.