23) Clarence the ghost

Notes:

Jeez, guys don't hate me. I love you too!!!! but seriously just a reminder that this story isn't going to direction 'Felinette' first, but you'll realize that it'll make the relationship way better. I was thinking of a sequel ; 'A cure doesn't heal me.'...

To say Felix was some type of narcissist was not wrong, but he had to admit, Lila was strong. It was obvious the akuma was Lila, as he could recognize fragments of her voice in the akuma's tone. Very robotic, it was. He could admit it was quite terrifying at the least. He was sure to have a scratch or gash on his face coming to him soon...

"Tell me where Adrien is, or I'll-"

"Do what?" he chastised, smirk on his face. She swung her staff towards his head, as he dodged it easily, letting out a 'yikes!'. She groaned as the cat-like superhero gripped onto the chain connecting the two objects on the metal stick, he examined it with care, feeling the material against his latex gloves.

"Lila? Are you aware that this is real gold? You could win a lo-" Wrong move. He shouldn't have touched it. A wave of electric chills came from the bottom of the staff, slightly electrocuting him. He gasped as he let go, bouncing back to the railing. "Ah, I wouldn't blame you since you're blind, Rossi. Not everybody knows their worth." she didn't respond and charged forward to him, ready to swing it again. He hopped to the ground, preparing his baton before him. Her staff soon shapeshifted into a saber, long and sharp. Sometimes, Chat Noir wished his could do about the same.

The objects clinked together, and made a long eerie sound of friction, one could think sparks were coming out of the two. Chat Noir let go, inspecting his own staff. She had almost cut it through. During his long years of being a hero, he had expected their powers would have once derailed from their original use or go berserk. He even though his staff was fragile. He might have taken a little bit advantage of that and not think of the expected.

For now, his goal was to find the akuma present. He had to think outside the box while trying to get in the room where Ladybug was, keeping in mind to use his cataclysm only when necessary. His mind swished to the fact that she was with his cousin, and his jealousy roared. Lila's weapon molded into her palm, and Felix flinched at the object she held. She went as far as a gun. He wasn't scared, but he was wondering if that gold handgun had any bullets.

"Okay, Mr. Smarty-pants. You're going to tell me exactly where Adrien is or I'll kill and kick in the door, and I'll maybe make you a favor and let the others go." Felix stifled at the akuma's foolishness. Seriously, Monarch couldn't upgrade her and make her see, because to him, that was a stupid mistake. Vindicta raised the gun towards him, then the ceiling and shot the roof, a package of white debris harshly settling on the floor between the two. "See, it works." she said, as Felix shrugged.

"My own weapon works too." his hand raised in the air, he whispered the words and a ball of black, destructive energy orbited on the palm of the gloved claws. The akuma didn't budge and targeted her own to his head. He had to be careful, as this might've not been like last time, all an illusion.

"Tell me, now. Tell me now, or I'll kill you and all the others inside." she threatened. "Aren't you supposed to know of all people?" he gave her a hint, and she didn't realize. "Felix." she warned, her tone louder. He winced, knowing full well that his identity could be unraveled by one of the worst people out there.

By now, he would have just told him his cousin's location and would have gone in and saved Marinette, but he knew she would've prefered if he got rid of the akuma first. Yet, he couldn't argue that he wanted her safe and sound. Sacrifice at the moment wasn't a good option, albeit he considered it. Who knew what could be in that room?