14) The peacock miraculous

I wonder who gave most of the Miracle Box to Shadowmoth. More like Monarch actually. I feel guilty for not listening to Chat Noir; he didn't even complain, he helped me. That surely gives him a reason to be mad at me. But for some reason, ever since I saw Adrien, I've had a feeling that he is Chat Noir. His angry expression reminds me of Chat Noir's, they have different personalitites, but it doesn't mean that he couldn't be. Wait! If he was Chat Noir... I techniqually fancied him! I shuddered. I mean they did have very similar attractive features.

Since Monarch sent that message, I've been terrified, I've barely slept, so I doze off in the middle of class. And to be honest, I wish that Felix woke me up during that. Which reminds me of him calling me darling. This morning, the day after his sudden outburst.

"Have you gotten any far on the project?" He asked me while we were waiting for the lesson to start.

"I mean, yeah, somehow, but it seems there is no way to describe the feeling. That's what most of the witnesses say." I shrugged. He raised an eyebrow at me and layed on the bench. He tapped his finger repeatedly on the table, as if thinking.

"What do you feel like when you are with your friends?" Surprised by the question, I answered.

"I mean it depends of which friend; Alya, I feel anger and bretrayal, Nino and Adrien, infact almost everyone in this class, I just feel distant."

"Ms Dupain Cheng. Are you saying you have no friends?" He smiled a little, his face showing amusement.

"What! No! Its just-"

"Okay, then, how do you feel around me ?" I stopped breathing. I don't know why. I get what the book meant. It's really undescribable. One day he is a jerk, the next he approaches me.

"I feel..." He widened his eyes as if interested. Time to tease. "like you are my classmate. I feel like like I am supposed to be your classmate." I non-chalantly said. He sighed.

"Is that so? Darling , I asked you what you feel around me, not what I am to you." The moment he said the word, my heart skipped a beat. Darling? I stayed silent.

"Why so quiet all of a sudden, Darling?" He crossed his ankle with his knee. The bell rang. I slowly turned around, facing the board. I felt heat on my cheeks. I didn't talk to him for the rest of the day.

And now, here I am daydreaming about today, while balancing between
homework and the fate of Paris. Probably the world. I was halfway done, and hadn't written citations for my essay. I hate writing papers. Boring. Especially at 2am.

I groaned and banged my head when I'd finish, 4000 word essay done. Welp, I'd better brace up, Ms Mendeleiv may give us another one. 3:30 AM. Four hours to think about Monarch, then three more to go to sleep. I was going to find out his plan. I blinked, wait, how was I supposed to do that?

I decided to take a break from all this drama and browsed the Internet. Something I don't really do much but still enjoy. My first option; Youtube. The god. My absolute no 1. Where I learnt how to sew, where Gabriel's fashion runway shows were streamed. And where I could watch Kpop tea and admire idols with the edits existing. So, yes I was indeed praising the Youtube Gods for existing. Other than that, but except the Ladyblog, I would find some pretty good info. And lately, the trending hashtag on Twitter was #Shadowmoth or #Monarch.

I scrolled on Youtube then decided to type 'Shadowmoth'. So much for a break. I mean, I was desperate for answers, even if it was from people who thought they knew everything about Ladybug and Chat Noir. Honestly, no information about us were as truthfully close to Alya's. That day, I wished I told her about my identity. And by that, yes, I did lie to Chat Noir about that. But there was just this time he was so happy, so I assumed he had told someone. And he got mad by that.

Great.

I am also a phenomenal liar to add to the superhero label. The results I saw on my page were insane. One caught my eye. It's thumbnail with Monarch's face when he was announcing him having all the miraculous. The title too surprised me too. Exclusive! Shadowmoth's message

I was there during his terrifying speech. It couldn't hurt to see it again. Just if it doesn't give me a panic attack. The video started. There was a man who looked like he a foreigner talking to the camera. In English. I got to thank Ms Franky and my mother for making me at least somehow fluent in English. His background looked like a hotel room.

"Hey guys! I'm Marcus, and this is my last day in Paris. Honestly, this was an amzing trip! The akmumas also made it exciting! I'm really greatful-" He paused as he looked at something outside, then he frowned, and widened his eyes.

"Omg! Guys! I think that's-" He squinted. "Ladybug and Chat Noir! Oh shoot. I really need to watch this." He ran around with the camera, went into several rooms he put his shoes on, opened the door, ran a few stairs, and before you know it he was in a rooftop, and drirected the camera to us. On the next building was us.

Zooming in was me sitting down my hands on my face, Chat Noir standing up, looking at me. I remember now, I was crying. Then Chat hugged me.

"Yo! Couple goals!" Marcus shouted. I skipped the video up to Shadowmoth's speech. Ignoring his comment. I looked at his akuma-ed face. I paused. For some reason I counted all the Miraculouses minus ours, maybe to reassure myself not all were taken.

Wait.

Where is the Peacock?

I rechecked. No peacock. Did he lose the peacock? How did he even get the Miraculouses? I was panicking. My breath hitched unevenly. Where the fuck was it? I stopped breathing. Tikki steered in her sleep. My panic attack didn't matter anyway. My stomach was clenching for dear life. I wanted to puke the little food I ate. I ran straightforward to the bathroom. After cleaning up, I cozied myself and dozed off. Darling was in my dream...