5) Patrol fight

A pretty bloody scene if I say so myself...

A red light covered her body, transforming her into Ladybug. She swung through the beloved city of Paris, reaching the Eiffel Tower. She saw a black figure that seemed to be seating at the top floor, on the rusty rails. As she approached, it seemed to be a boy, who was mumbling something to himself. Ladybug landed quietly and decided to eavesdrop on Chat Noir.

"I'm so stupid! So stupid! Why did I do that? God damn it! I like her--" Ladybug's eyebrows scrunched in confusion, as she decided to greet him to get started on patrol. What was wrong with him? Who did he like? Her heart sank already. Of course, Chat Noir would never have eyes for her. He was the superhero who was very serious and always had a bright idea to add to her lucky charm plans. He was perfect. Little did she know...

He seemed to have stopped and halted his mumbles. The cat-like superhero turned around slowly and faced Ladybug. He stood up quickly, avoiding eye contact, making slow steps towards her. His head was hung low and his messy bangs were covering his dark green eyes. Ladybug swore she saw two green flashing little orbs representing his eyes. Now, standing in front of Ladybug, his head rose. His face looked austere. Throughout the whole process, Ladybug got continuous chills on her spine.

"You missed patrol. It's 8:30." His more than ever toneless voice said. Without reason, Ladybug's heart raced with nervousness. Trying to come up with an answer, she bit her lower lip looking at her right shoulder. Yet Chat Noir had made himself clear.

" Patrol ended an hour ago." He stated in a brittle but sturdy voice. Ladybug guiltily fixed her gaze to his eyes, beginning to water. Why so sad for a missed patrol? She opened her mouth to talk, but instead felt a cold embrace. His hands felt weirdly warm, like a soft but thick liquid in contact with her back. His head and messy hair sat on her shoulder. Awkwardly, she rubbed his back, feeling his chest rising and decreasing quickly.

It was odd the way the liquid feeling felt real. She reeked back looking at him then at her back. She gasped, a red, big stain on her back pouring slowly. She looked again at Chat Noir, who took a few steps back, trying to run away from her horrified and worried expression. She analysed where the sudden injury came from, and lifted his left hand gently applying a small force on it. A red deep cut formed on his muscular arm from his hand to his elbow. Within seconds, he pulled back, making Ladybug look up to him.

"Let me fix it."

"No!" He exclaimed. She still insisted, holding his arm again. He pulled away harshly and growled lightly.

"Chat, It's going to get worse! Let me take care of it." She assured him. "You know I care."

Those last words set an alarm to Chat Noir.

"You don't. You don't care about it or me." His voice was completely brittle. His fingers started to shake, but anyone could notice a this point.

"W-What do y-you mean?" She said under her shaky breath. "I do."

"You don't . Every day, I have to be the distract-guy. I'm the one that comes up with solid plan to add to your failing one but, oh, Ladybug takes the victory yet again. When your in need, I sacrifice myself, hoping I wouldn't be a burden and you'd carry on the plan to save our city. Not only that, but you also lie to me! You tell people your identities and don't even tell me! You say we trust each other, but now I think that blind trust isn't really it anymore." 

Her eyes widened in anger.

"Chat. Noir. I never lied to you, since I can't. What's the point of lying when I literally told you I told my identity to someone?! Besides, I never asked you to go sacrifice yourself, and go act like nothing will happen! Instead, why don't you fight by my side and help me? I'm the guardian for Fu's sake! Maybe if you weren't moody and a jerk, I would've told you first thing. Now that I see it, It's YOU breaking the trust, not me. 'Cause you don't even care." She yelled in anger, while Chat Noir responded gladly, crossing his arms on his chest.

"You think I'm sacrificing for what? Popularity? I clearly know the follow-up consequences, I'm not dumb and naive like you. I do that because I have hope in you, but you don't seem to appreciate,--"

"I do! But someone here just--" He shot her a deadly glare, as she shut up. He responded more calmly.

"If I died saving Paris, in your presence, I doubt you'll care." That was the last straw for Ladybug.

"You know what, if that actually happened, I won't give a damn. No matter what I do to get back the Miraculouses, live with no one by my side as a guardian and protect us from Shadowmoth, you don't show sympathy or--" He cut her off with a whisper, and more like a whimper. He was crying.

"Y-You'd wish me d-dead?" She gasped and covered her mouth, mumbling apologies. He sighed deeply.

"You think I don't try to balance to balance my life as it is? A life without a parent?" Tears trickled down his cheeks. So did Ladybug's. His last words killed Ladybug.

"I don't even know why Fu chose you as a guardian, a hamster could do better." He scoffed

He left.

He left a trail of blood behind him, as he soared through the night sky.

Ladybug calmed down and sighed. 

"I'm wondering too why I am... And why you are my partner."

A good bundle of contradictions... told ya you'd have a good one. A good scene of injury and Ladynoir angst. 

btw! i realised i might, after this book, do a Marigami, or BTS/Blackpink fanfic...

Who's up?

-Bug out!

Published: Apr 10 2022