Chapter 4

*Moon's POV*

(1724Words)

"Then lets go play Starlight!"

We ran off to the daycare, filled with excitement. "I'll count you hide!" Y/n shouted, I laughed at her. "No, no you hide!" She shook her head and pushed me away. "No you." We argued for a few minutes but she won. The rules were simple, I wasn't allowed to move from my hiding place or go up to my room, she had to count to twenty slowly and then try to find me. This was going to be a lot of fun. I ran for it and she started counting, there weren't many good hiding places, I wouldn't fit in most of the playthings. I sighed and ran for the ball pit, making sure to bury myself deep down under all the balls. "FIVE! FOUR!" I took in a few deep breathes, trying to keep calm, the game was too thrilling, the thought of being caught was scary, but it was what got you all riled up. "ONE! READY OR NOT MOONSHINE I'M COMING TO GET CHA!" She practically screamed.

I felt all shook up and volatile, just like a child. The need to run around and make her catch me was making it hard to stay put. Y/n was over by the climbing frames, or so it sounded as she cooed my name. I was lain down in the ball pit for about eight minutes before she came over. There was a dark giggle, and a dangerous aura now around me. "Moonshine...~" She cooed with a poisonous tone. The balls rustled and I started to panic, she was in here with me now. All I could see were different coloured balls. The rustling came closer, and then a hand touched my back. I flinched. "Fooounnnddd youuu~" She cooed. One of her eyes sparkled a deep red, the other sparkled its normal e/c shine. I smiled a bit, feeling very nervous all of a sudden. "Alright, that was a good game. My turn to hide~" Y/n flirted. "Okay, I'll go count by the doors." She giggled, the feeling of high was leaving me.

 I stood by the doors and started counting, wondering all the while why one of her eyes was a different colour, it couldn't be the light affecting my sight because they were all off.  Maybe I was just seeing things. That was probably it. I soon reached 20, having murmured the numbers whilst I thought. I snapped out of it though and shouted: "READY OR NOT STARLIGHT! I'M COMING TO FIND YOU!!" I ran straight to the ball pit, she wasn't there. I then proceeded to check every nook and cranny of the daycare, leaving the climbing frames for last. I put on a raspy voice for effect as I growled, "Y/n.... Where are you Starlight.... It's past your bedtime..." I knew it was early in the day, but hey. It brought excitement to the game, in the back of my head I heard Sun panicking. 'DON'T YOU DARE HURT HER MOON!!' I growled. 'Shut up Sun we're only playing a game.. what's up with you..?' I felt his anger bubble up inside me. 'WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME!? YOU'VE BEEN KILLING NIGHT GUARDS AND SAYING THINGS LIKE THAT EVERY TIME AND YOU ASK WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?!?'  I froze in my tracks. 'K-killing? I-I could never--' He cut me off, 'WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN!? STOP PRETENDING NOT TO KNOW!!' I fell on my knees. "N-no.. you're wrong th-thats not true... I c-can't hurt people.. I-it's not in my AI.." I store at the mats in front of me.

'MAYBE NOT BUT YOU STILL DID IT!' Oily tears ran down my cheeks. "Th-thats not.. I c-c-can't.. -I don't want to hurt people.. I've never done that.. Y-you're lying Sun..." I choked out, blocking him out from my thoughts. Y/n came into view and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay Moon?" I shook my head and she wrapped her arms around me. "Shh.. I heard you're conversation.. And as sad as it is, I'm afraid it's true.." She whispered, I cried more. "B-b-but I don't r-r-remember anything, I-I-I couldn't!" She let out a small sigh. "Your AI was hacked darling, a corrupt chip was attached to it. I'm going to dispose of it, I'll help people trust you again, it'll all be okay.." She rubbed my back in soothing circles, trying her best to comfort me whilst telling me the truth.

It worked a bit, however we ended up staying there for quite  while before I fully calmed down. "You okay now?" I nodded slowly as she pulled away. "Good, by the way you passed me when looking for me." Came a small giggle. "I did?" "Yeah! I was on top of the climbing frames, that's how I got to you so quickly. I looked at her surprised, it was something not many people should be able to do. "So, what do you want to do now?" There was barely anything I could think of so I just let out a sigh and said: "I'm a bit tired, would it be okay if I switched place with Sunny? I'm not a big fan of being out in the day either.." She smiled at me. "But of course, come on. You deserve some rest." She took my hand and helped me up, we both walked away to the security desk but she stopped before flipping the light switch. "Hey Moon?" "Yes Y/n?" "Just exactly how tall are you?" I store at her blankly. "Between six and seven feet tall, why you ask?" She let go of my hand. "Because I'll need to get parts for your body. Goodnight Moon." I nodded. "Goodnight Y/n." I replied before it all went to black.

*Suns POV*

Everything came into view again, the lights were on and Y/n stood in front of me with a large smile on her face. I returned the smile, suddenly the images from earlier flashed in my mind. 'What was that I saw earlier? What's a penis?' I thought to myself, blocking moon out even though he was now asleep. I'd only seen bits and pieces, heard a few weird noises too. What I saw was Moon doing this weird thing to a naked Y/n, her expression was hard to read. My face heated up slightly for some reason. "Sun? Sun are you okay?" I snapped back to reality as Y/n waved her hand in front of my face. "A-ah yes sorry Y/n. I'm just having trouble adjusting.." She looked worried. "How come?" "I've just been away for a long time, Moon blocked me out. He didn't hurt you though did he?" She shook her head and then I noticed weird purple and red marks all along the left (for Sun, your right) side of her neck, I quickly pulled her closer by the waist and examined them, starting to panic. "Oh my god what did he do to you!?" I touched them carefully and she flinched. "Nghnn..~" It sounded like pain, but something else as well..

She pushed me away and looked off to the opposite direction. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you more I-" Her head snapped back around and she yanked me down by the collar. "It's nothing to worry about Sun, I'm fine okay? Lets just do something." Her smile was kind, but behind it I could see a faint bit of annoyance, causing my artificial stomach to churn. But why I didn't know. "Do you want to play with glitter glue?" She asked, my eyes sparkled. "Oh yes that would be great!" Her sweet giggle was intoxicating, and it felt so familiar. "Lets go up and get it ey?" I picked her up and she squeaked, her arms wrapping around my neck like before. Up I jumped onto the entrance of my room, setting her down carefully. Y/n ran over to her bag and brought it over to me, stopping half way to pet the rat, who I have to say was sucking on his water tube in an estrange way.

"Do you have an paper or other arts and craft stuff up here?" She asked and I could swear I saw red flash in her eyes. "Uhm.. Yeah I do hang on!" I leaped up and headed towards my drawers "Trying to conserve time?" I asked with a small laugh. "Yes and energy, I don't want to fall asleep all of a sudden, then how could I hang out with you?" I flinched, her soft voice, was so genuine, I felt all light and my stomach was fluttering and tingly.. "Ah, fair enough then. Oh hear we go, wait what's this?" 'Did Moon put this here?' I pulled some paper out from the drawer and found a creepy note, written in blood. 'She isn't what she seems, don't get too close.' "What's what ho-Sun?" I looked back at her, confused as to what she had stopped saying, she had a sad expression. I grabbed some more art supplies and quickly closed the drawer, running straight over to her.

Y/n looked up at me with dead eyes, but hastily lightened them up with a fake smile. Concern trudged through me. "Don't do that, what's wrong Y/n?" "Nothing. I just, thought of something I didn't want to think of." She kept her eyes on the floor, I put all the equipment down and put a hand on her knee. "Huh?" She looked back up, eyes still dead. "Let just try to have fun, I'll try not to bring the mood down." I heard a faint whisper when she finished, and a small gail blew her hair off to the side. I couldn't tell what it said, but she seemed to nod slightly. "Sun, theres blood on your hands, how did that happen?" She hadn't even looked down, how did she know? "I- no, that's just paint, I spilt a little in the drawer over there. She didn't believe me, she got up and ran over to the drawer, I tried to stop her but she already found the note. "Don't listen to this, this is stupid." She growled, she scrunched it up and threw it into a nearby bin, Y/n was annoyed, she turned back with a dangerous red glint in her eyes it was at that moment I knew I wasn't hallucinating.