Pretty eyes, stupid lies 1 (Hyunlix)

Hello. My name is Lee Felix. Nice to meet you. I was born and raised in Australia but now I am studying in the capital city of South Korea. Cool, right? My whole family lives in Sydney so I am here completely alone. Some people might say that it has to be fun, others might say that it has to be hard. I can't agree more with both statements because both of them are true.

Right now I have a few minutes break between my lessons. I put the heavy books and notebooks I do not need into my locker and while I am taking the needed ones out I hear a girls' laugh. My head turns in that direction without any thinking. On the opposite side of the corridor, a few meters away, is standing no one else than Hwang Hyunjin. Of course he is not alone. Some girls are keeping him company. If I think about it, I have probably never seen him by himself. And it's not just girls that go crazy when he is around. That fact doesn't surprise me at all. His looks are killing, let me tell you about it. The dark eyes of his are so deep that whenever you look into them, you get lost and it's impossible to get out of there.

,,You wish it was you, don't you?" a familiar voice brings me back to reality. I shake my head, quickly getting out of the trance to which I got because of Hyunjin. I look at my friend and lick my lips out of habit. I don't know why I do it. It just goes automatically I guess.

,,No," I answer as convincingly as I can in this exact moment.

,,You're staring," he raises his eyebrows irritatedly.

,,Zoning out," I correct him. Yes, I got caught in the act but I really zoned out for a while. As if it wasn't the same thing. On one hand, it is the same. One implies from the other. When you're zoning out, you're staring. On the other hand, it's completely different. Yes, you're staring while zoning out but you're not looking at the person or the object. You're usually looking through it.

Jisung measures me with his eyes from the top of my head to my toes and then he looks me in the eyes again. I close my locker and follow him to our next class. Before walking in I turn my head towards Hyunjin again finding him staring at me. When he bites his bottom lip I snap back to reality and enter the classroom.

,,He is a player, you know?" Jisung says seriously when I sit next to him. With that deadly serious look in his eyes I know he is not messing with me.

,,How can you know that?" I shake my head in disbelief not knowing whether to believe him or not. Jisung is not close with Hyunjin. Not a bit. It doesn't have to be the truth necessarily because someone else said it.

,,Everyone knows that Felix."

,,What does it even mean?" just when I end my question Hyunjin walks in. I give him a glance and then I take my book and open it on a random page pretending to be reading it. When he passes by me, his beautiful scent gets into my nose and I breathe in deeply.

,,It means that you'll end up hurt if you let him get close," Jisung warns me and then he takes his phone out not paying me any attention. I am looking at him for a few more seconds, blinking. When I figure out he probably won't talk to me until the next break, I turn back to the opened book on my side of the table realizing that I've opened it on the side we haven't learned about yet. I sigh and turn the pages backward.

Jisung is one of a small number of people that haven't fallen for Hyunjin's looks. In my opinion, you can Hyunjin either love or hate. There is nothing in between. Something like "I don't care about him" doesn't exist in this case. Girls love him because he is perfect and boys hate him for the same reason. To be honest I don't know to which side I belong. I try hard to resist whatever positive feeling I might have towards him. Jisung wants me to hate him but, as you could see, I defend him. I either don't know why I did that. I probably want to hate him but not falling for him is really hard. If he had done something wrong it would be easier, if he had hurt me it would not be as hard as it is or at least if he would be a bad student. But he is not. Hyunjin is smart and teachers like him. He is an example of a perfect person.