Personal reasons (Jeongchan)

It was a rainy day when they met for the first time. The heavy clouds were blocking the stars and the wind was violently playing with trees planted one by one down the street. Its strength and sharpness were enough to keep people inside their houses, not willing to go out for even a few seconds. Every person who appeared outside was hurrying to the door of their house, but still came home soaked from head to toe. Well, some of the city residents were able to risk it and visited some clubs and bars. It was Friday after all and they needed to celebrate it with their friends.

,,The weather is terrible," could be heard in every house and bar. The man in the weather forecast announced to them the day before that Friday's weather would be appalling, but none of the people had thought it would be that bad.

,,So that's how I met her," said the male with wide shoulders at the bar to his friend, who was sitting next to him. Right after he finished the sentence, they took another shot.

,,Do you like her that much?" the other asked, glancing at the man beside him.

,,I mean-" he started but stayed silent for a while. ,,She is not ugly, she is kind and sweet, but... I don't know," he shrugged his shoulders when he answered.

,,Can we get another one, please?" his friend looked at the bar employee. He nodded and rushed to them with a bottle of the same alcohol.

,,Are we going to drink this much?" the first male raised his eyebrows, not really caring whether he gets drunk or not.

,,Of course. And even more," the other responded.

After some time, the wide-shouldered male's friend got a call. He quickly answered the phone, not wanting any problems with his lover.

,,I have to go," he stood up.

,,Okay, see ya," they said goodbye to each other and the man left. During the time they had spent together in the bar, the rain stopped completely.

,,You're new here, aren't you?" the male started a conversation with the man who had poured him another shot a few seconds ago.

,,Yeah," he nodded in agreement.
,,I was always wondering who's dream is to work in a bar."

,,It wasn't mine at all, but better than nothing. If you need a job, you take the first offer that comes."

,,You were that desperate to earn money?" the male chuckled.

,,I was and I still am. For personal reasons," the man said with a serious face. The other knew it was a sign to stop asking about it. Personal reasons were personal reasons, he surely wasn't willing to talk about them with a person he had just met.

Not so long after the conversation the male paid and left.

Since then, every time the male came to the bar, he found there the same man. He was surprised in the beginning, but later on, the employee became somehow a reason for him to go to the bar almost every day. They used to talk a little together, nothing serious, just some regular topics.

,,By the way, I'm Chan," the customer introduced himself after a good few weeks. He had been visiting the bar almost on a daily basis, but never drank much. Rather, he came there to talk with the other. It was kinda embarrassing that after such a long time they didn't know each other's names.

,,Jeongin," the employee did the same as he smiled a little. It wasn't that often that he would smile. Honestly, he didn't have reason to smile. He was paid for pouring alcohol, not for smiling. And also, customers came there to drink, not to look at him.

,,Nice name," Chan smiled back, his heart skipped a beat when Jeongin smiled. It had never happened to him with the girl he had been meeting.

,,Thanks," Jeongin looked away, a bit shy. He wasn't used to getting compliments.