Pretty eyes, stupid lies 4 (Hyunlix)

After one of the hardest decisions in my life, I bed down on the couch, letting Hyunjin sleep in the bed. I wouldn't be able to sleep there. The sheet smells like him and the bed is too big for only me being in it. My heart feels heavy. I know I did the right thing so why is it so hard? Shouldn't I be happy that he won't hurt me anymore by leaving the apartment and being cold towards me? Yes, I should. But I don't feel any happiness, the only feeling inside of me is pain. Pure pain that is breaking my heart. The thought of never kissing those soft lips again is destroying me. Even though we are breaking up on Friday, I know we are not together anymore. We both need some time, a few days, to realize what is happening so we can find some place to stay. Hyunjin will probably go home to his parents and I will ask Jisung if I can stay with them for a few weeks.

Right now I want to go to Hyunjin to apologize for everything I have said before. But it would not be right. I have experienced a lot of pain because of him and it needs to stop. God, if I just knew how he is truly feeling about this.

I lie down on the cold couch, Hyunjin went to sleep already. My mind is trying hard to think about something else but it always comes back to him. The silence in the room is unbearable as if nothing was in it. Just an empty room with an old couch no one had used for a long time. It's scary, nerve-wracking. As if something bad was about to happen, well, the bad thing happened already and something even worse is coming in a few days. It feels like a horror movie when everything becomes quiet. You know about the scary scene but you are still nervous. The tension brings tears to your eyes as you are waiting impatiently.

Morning comes and my alarm wakes me up. My eyes hurt from the long crying at night and tiredness. A yawn leaves my mouth and I get up sighing. Without any sound, I go to the bedroom where I pick some clothes. Before I leave I look at Hyunjin, who is sleeping peacefully on the side of the bed which was claimed as his until yesterday night. Now both sides of it belong to him.

He teems a bit and changes a position, facing me. My heart aches and for some to me unknown reason I sit on the bed next to him. Very gently I run my fingers through his soft hair. Why did we have to end up like this? It would be much better if I have never found out about him cheating on me. I wish he would have lied to me more, feed me with those stupid lies which I was willing to trust.

I bend down and brush my lips against his forehead, leaving a kiss on it. Then I stand up and walk out of the room.

When I come back home Hyunjin is gone. He has school today so that's probably why he's not here. As always after a few hours spent at school, I take a break from studying to rest at least a bit. At first, I wash the dishes and do the laundry, then I lie down on the couch thinking about what should I do. Maybe I could call Jisung to tell him the news. Knowing how much he hates Hyunjin, he surely will be proud of me.

,,Hi!" Jisung's cheerful voice resounds from the phone.

,,Hi Jisungie!" I greet him back, copying the energy from him. ,,I was thinking if you don't want to meet up this week."

,,Depends on when. On Friday I have plans with hyung," his voice suddenly sounds somehow sad, apologizing.

,,That's absolutely fine, I have plans on Friday too. Maybe Thursday?" I wave it off even though he can't see it.

,,Thursday sounds good to me," Jisung agrees and we settle on the place and time.

,,Hi!" someone comes to Jisung's studio and by the voice, I am sure it's Changbin. After all, they work together so visiting each other is surely very easy. During my time at their place, Jisung told me that he gave Changbin a spare key to his studio so he could visit him anytime. And also maybe because Jisung's afraid that he will lose his key and needs to have one key safe.