Stars and Raindrops (Jeongmin)

⚠️mentions of selfharm, suicide and rape⚠️

,,Baby, you have to eat something," Mrs. Yang tried to persuade her middle son to fill up his stomach for at least an hour by then. It was Thursday morning during the summer break. Everyone was seated at the kitchen table except for her husband, who had left for work earlier. The middle-aged lady had a few days off.

Although it was hot, Jeongin was dressed in sweatpants and a hoodie, having the hood on his head. He didn't feel the warmth of summer, only coldness. Several months ago, his younger brother had saved his life, which was no exaggeration. The youngest had come home by car thanks to his classmate who had been living nearby, and not by the bus as usual. If that hadn't happened, his brother would have been gone forever. On that day, his older brother had tried to commit suicide by overdosing in an awful combination with alcohol. Almost a fatal case. Because of modern medicine and also of the braveness and no hesitation of his brother, Jeongin had been able to survive. From then on, his life had become a living nightmare. At least from his point of view. It seemed as if everyone wanted for him the worst, to hurt him, to destroy him even more both mentally and physically. While all he craved was to lie down, his mother made him go for walks with his brothers, she forced him to join them in the kitchen at the table and go to the medical specialists in mental health, which he completely hated. The entire family, mainly the one living with him, felt guilty for his attempt, even the youngest who wasn't at the age of understanding it.

Having several mouthfuls of breakfast was all he could do.

,,Can I go now?" he mumbled uninterested, staring nowhere.

,,Yeah, go get ready. Your group therapy starts today," the lady sighed. The young male stood up and tiredly made his way to his room. In this world, there wasn't a thing he wouldn't have hated. He wanted to burn everything down, to let out the rage stuck in his chest, to scream in agony, to die in pain, but he couldn't get himself to any of it. His forearms were scarred with old cuts and full of fresh ones, showing the pain he had gone through to the world.

All he did to get ready was brush his teeth, not because he wanted to but because he had to, take his wallet and leave the room.

,,May I go too?" the youngest cheerfully called out.

,,Sure, honey. But know that I will wait for your brother there," she informed. Jeongin felt like protesting but decided to keep quiet.

All three of them got into the car. The older had to be in the front seat, where his mother could see him. Not that he had the strength and will to do anything in the back. She just didn't like when she couldn't see him. Being in his room alone most of the time was enough.

After their arrival, they found the right door in the big clinic. It wasn't a place identical to a hospital, the clinic was mainly for rehabilitations of many variants, small surgeries without the need for hospitalization and also therapies. If there was anything Jeongin had learned was that the sooner it started, the sooner it ended.

Looking around, Jeongin didn't like the people waiting for the same door to open. He sat down and put his hands into the pockets of his hoodie. His mom was reading some boring medical brochure she surely did not understand.

,,Hey!" a person who had sat next to him only a few seconds ago said. The male intended to ignore him as he wasn't good with words.

,,You want a piece?" he continued, showing Jeongin a chocolate bar. The answer he received was a shake of the head.

,,I'm Seungmin," the boy was quick to introduce himself. Nothing.

Luckily, the door opened and the kids were free to enter. Jeongin joined them involuntarily and sat on one of the chairs in the circle. Everyone could see him. He felt uncertain and ashamed. The staring eyes made him tremble and caused weakness, trapping him inside like a sheep among wolves. Seungmin sat right next to him, not that he would care.