The Meeting Begins (8)

The seven board members of the board of Middle Management were sitting at a large rectangular oak table. Everyone was silent, no one talked. An air of tension so thick that it might choke a person. Drinks were served to the board members, but no one took a sip.

The seven would finally be relieved of the tension when the door opened to reveal Mao Shih. Walking into the room, the seven board members stood up and bowed their heads to show their reverence for their leader. She slowly walking toward the end of the table observing her board members. She could see Modi, Oni, and Matsumoto shaking slightly. She saw that the rest of the board were still as stone keeping their eyes on the ground. She makes it to the empty chair at the end of the table.

She takes her seat and takes one last look at her lieutenants. "Take your seats and drink your drinks the tension is unacceptable for coworkers to be around."

Modi, Oni, and Masumoto started downing their drinks while the rest of the board take slow sips from their drinks. Shih looked around the table and began to speak. "Welcome everyone and welcome to the board meeting."

She took a moment before continuing. "I trust that all of you had a safe journey."

All of them nodded. "Good, now I would like to hear the reports on all your industries."

Wang Otgonbayar stood up. "I am pleased to report the everything is running smoothly and that smuggling operations have even helped control other syndicates dealing drugs and prevented them from starting to smuggle humans."

He sat back down to allow Muhammad Modi to speak. "Nothing to report on the legal side of things as everything is running smoothly."

Modi sat back down for Zhu Li Cho to speak. "I am pleased to report that the credit cleaning is going smoothly; however, a complication has come up as Shih Tech encountered an attempted hacking, the cyber security team is looking into it but nothing so far."

Cho sat back down so that Habib Oni can give his report. "My ships are moving smoothly small delays here and there and sometimes have to grease the palms of different and new people constantly."

Oni took his seat, and then Maria Maresca stood up and spoke. "My security company is keeping our interests secure and is gaining new clients in the European System and beyond."

Maresca gently sat back down and glared at. Milligan as Kenichi Matsumoto stood up. "My family is still in control of much of the industries or Cha including our stock market giving the board legitimate businesses to guard against those looking for proof of our activities."

Matsumoto sat back down. Paul Milligan stood with a smirk on his face. "I am pleased to note that the drug trade in the American system is highly profitable, and the numerous fronts are proving to be highly profitable."

He took a quick bow just before five men came out the door. One had a shotgun in his hand and moved behind Milligan and pointed it at Matsumoto. Matsumoto became stiff with fear unable to move a muscle. Maria decided to stand up, just as Selvagem entered the room with a manila envelope.

Shih was furious at what she was seeing. This part of the meeting was supposed to be running smoothly with no surprises. Shih stood up quickly angry clear on her face. "Milligan, Maresca what the fuck are you two playing at?"

"My apologies Lady Shih, but we have a problem with the Yakuza link." Maria answered.

"What!" Shih exclaimed.

"Kenichi here is a pedophile and likes to serviced by pre-teen girls." Milligan explained further. "I had received a tip off from a reliable source that mr. Kenichi Matsumoto liked to frequent a brothel that offers clients services form girls as young as six."

Kenichi finally had the guts to move. "That is a lie!" He shouted at him.

"Well we have evidence that how that it isn't a lit." Marta countered placing the manilla envelope in front of Mao.

Mao took the envelope pulled out the contents and looked over them. Masumoto stayed still with a look of panic on his face. He was about to move until he heard a grunt from the man holding the shotgun. He turned and saw the man holding the shotgun shaking his head.

After five minutes Mao read through all the documents and then glared at the Yakuza. "The evidence against you is undisputable Matsumoto."

"They could be forgeries or...or..." He yelled in a stammer, panic evident.

"I don't think anyone is buying that excuse Matsumoto." Milligan explained in a condescending tone. "Madam Shih how would you like this dealt with."

She point her finger at her crotch. Milligan nodded and whispered to the man with the shotgun. The gangster smilled widely before pointing the shogun at Matsumoto's groin area and fired ignoring his please for mercy. The reaction was instant, Kenichi fell to the floor crying and yelling in agony. Modi and Oni shrunk in fear, Cho had look of annoyance and anger towards Yakuza boss, Metzger had large smirk on his face, and the rest kept a tight poker face.

Maria turned to her security team. "Take him out and let him bleed he is to receive no mercy."

"Yes mam." They said grabbing Kenichi and taking out of the room.

Cho's eyes followed them as they left. She then looked at Maria. "Thank you, that xiao riben screams were annoying me."

"Pleasure to be of service." Maria said plainly.

Just like that there were only seven left.

Thank you for reading please leave a like and review.

Middle Management (Book two of the Yaatra Hombre series)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें