What Now? (6)

The meeting that was supposed go off without a hitch had south. Not only did one of the board members turn out to be a pedophile that needed to be put down, but the chairwoman died suddenly of a heart attack. If all that wasn't enough two bounty hunters are now blackmailing them, a well-connected criminal syndicate.

The board and security were taking the bounty hunter Shinji Suzuki out of the meeting room. "So where are we taking him?" Cho asked.

"To an escape pod where we are to discharge him and will eventually be picked up by his partner." Modi explained.

Cho grumbled. "Relax we have drones ready to tag their ship and will give you the ability to hack their ship." Maresca whispered to her.

Cho nodded still unhappy with the arrangement, but smart enough not to object. She continued glaring daggers at Shinji, all the way to the escape pod. A security guard opened the door to the pod. Other security guards were ready to throw the bounty hunter into the escape pod only to be stopped when the ship started shaking. "What now?" Cho grumbled.

Suddenly a group of security personel came running to the board. "We have a breach!"

"Who?" Maresca asked.

"Unknown at this time." One of the security guards answered. "A team is surrounding the breach but until we can verify that everything is safe, we need to get you to the meeting room."

The security team escorted everyone back to the board room. Security surrounding the entrance holding their guns ready to fire at the door. Selvagem took command pressing a finger to her ear. "Status report!" She demanded authoritatively.

"Intruders have breached the ship." The man on the other side relayed. "The squad sent to intercept them are dead."

"Fuck!" Selvagem swore glaring at Shinji.

Shinji raised his hands to show that he has no idea what is going on. Everyone else not apart of the security detail glared at the bounty hunter. Maresca pulled out the phone and called Shinji's partner. "What's going on?" Angel asked.

"That is something that we want to know." She told the conspirator.

"All I know is that my partner is not on an escape pod!"

"Well, some sort of special forces team killing my people."

"They are not mine."

"Then who are they?"

"I do not know." Angel calmly said. "We have nothing to gain from this."

Maresca believed him but her anger at the situation made her dubious. "I believe you for now, but any indication that you are dishonest then I turn your friend into swiss cheese."

"I understand."

Maresca hung up. "Keep an eye on the dog." She ordered.

In his private closet on the ship, Angel pulled out his phone and made a call. "Albina we have a problem."

"What is it?"

"A third party is here, and I don't think they are friendly."

"I will see if there is any info on what's going on." She told him.

"Keep me posted, oh can you put my wife on the phone please?"

Albina sighed in frustration before Aruna started speaking. "What's happening?" She asked worried.

"A third party, I don't know who, are also targeting the board members, but I don't think that they are after their bounties."

"What?" Aruna gasped. "Do you know what they hope to gain from this?"

"I don't know, all I know is that they are well trained and well equipped if they were able to tear through security of the Maresca Security Company."

"Be careful priye." She told Angel. "Got Shinji back home safely."

"I will amor." He said before hanging up.