𝒞𝒜𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝒟𝓋𝑒 ~ 𝐻𝒶𝒟𝓁 𝐻𝓎𝒹𝓇𝒶 (𝒰𝓅𝒹𝒶𝓉𝑒𝒹)

To say I was terrified would be an understatement. I now had buried my face into Spider-Man's neck. I fucking hated heights and now I was swinging through the streets of New York. And may I add that we were hanging by a piece of web, how the fuck was a thin piece of web holding both of us, honestly the thought of it was making me feel nauseous. I could feel myself shaking from terror and Spider-Man thought it would be fun to do some tricks while we were in the sky, I couldn't help it an begin to scream and he thought it was funny because I could feel him laughing at me. This was not helping with my fear of heights, it was probably making it worse.

"I want to show you something first before I drop you home," I heard him say. I didn't answer him because I was too scared to say anything. After a couple of seconds, I felt us land, and he told me to open my eyes, but I couldn't. "Come on Y/N" he says, and he lets go of me and my feet hit the ground. After a couple of minutes, I finally decide to look up. And I was on a roof on some random building and the sun was setting in the distance. It was honestly beautiful. "Wow" is all that can come out of my mouth as I look at the view. I feel Spider-Man walk beside me as we both take in the view. "Whenever I have a bad day, I like to come here and watch the sunset," he says, and I look over at him. "Thank you for showing this to me," I say, and he looks back at me. Something about him was familiar. I felt safe when I was around him and it wasn't because he was a superhero, but because he made me feel comfortable.

"Well, I need to make up for all the tricks I did," he says with a laugh. I just roll my eyes at his comment, and we watch as the sun fully sets. "Well, I should take you home," he says before holding on to me and running and jumping off the edge and I felt my heartbeat fast as if it was about to burst out of my chest. After what feels like forever of being swung around New York, we finally land in front of my house. I let go of Spider-Man and fell dramatically to the floor. "THANK GOD, GROUND SWEET GROUND," I say, which gets a laugh from Spider-Man. "You don't have to be so dramatic," he says with a giggle, and I playfully hit him on the arm. We stood there in an awkward silence for a while before I decided to break it. "Thanks again for saving me, but I will still be giving you 2 stars on Uber for those tricks," I joked. He pulled me into a hug, and it felt nice to be in his arms. "Please stay safe, Y/N," he says while still holding onto me. "I'll try my best," I say sarcastically, but I could tell that he was being serious., So I promised him that I would stay safe. "Well, I must go and start my patrol for the night," he sighs. I think he wanted to stay longer and I kind of wanted him to stop as well. He runs off down the streets before turning around one more time and waving at me, and I wave back, watching him swing out of sight.

I took the key out of my bag and headed up to my front door. I was about to put the key in, but I noticed that the door was already open a bit. I knew that my father wouldn't be home till tomorrow because he was away for the weekend. I take my phone out and click on my father's contact. The phone rings a couple of times before it goes straight to voicemail. I get to our text conversation and text him that someone is in the house. After a couple of minutes of no reply, I decided that I would go into the house and investigate. I slowly open the door and quickly walk in so that I don't alarm anyone that is in the house. I head straight upstairs because that's where my father put all our valuable stuff in the safe in his room. I walk into my father's room and see that everything is fine, and we have moved nothing. I look under the bed. I looked around the rest of the upstairs and everything was still where it was before we left this morning. I was confused on why someone would break into the house, but not take anything from it. I decided to head downstairs when I heard my phone ring in my pocket, and I looked to see it was Peter calling me. "Hey Y/N, I just wanted to call and check up on you," he says

Just then I heard a loud bang come from downstairs, and I think Peter heard it too because he was calling my name repeatedly. "Y/N, Y/N. What was that? " He asks. "I think someone is in the house, Peter," is all that could come out. I stood in shock. I regret coming into the house now because someone was in the house. I could hear Peter shouting at me to stay where I was, and that he was on the way. He told me to stay on the phone, but just my phone died. I needed to get out of the house quickly. I tiptoed down the stairs, stopping and listening for something, but I couldn't hear anything. When I got to the bottom of the stairs, I somehow convinced myself that I needed to check the living room. I walked over to the door of the living room and put my ear against it to hear something, but there were silences. I walk over to the front door and grab an umbrella at the door. I start to slowly make my way back over to the sitting-room door when I hear someone outside of the front door. I watch the handle of the door going down as someone is coming in. I walk toward the door with the umbrella ready to hit whatever was about to come through the door.