Chapter One-Ironman

Even when I knew the gala was happening, I was late....figures. "Just some cabin fever, I'll be quick Stane". Tony said, dodging Obadiah completely. He walked right in, trying to relax and breathe. "Mr. Stark, I wasn't expecting you here" a smooth voice said. Oh shit. Tony turned to greet the man, "Dr. Strange, it's lovely to see you here". "Likewise, for this supposedly your function, it seems odd you yourself have to crash it" Stephen said with a smirk. Tony quirked a smile but said nothing. Stephen leaned forward to whisper, "Should you be here to begin with Mr. Stark? As much as the media is exaggerating your mental health...there are still some concerns I know normal people are having, considering your latest mental screening". Tony waves him off, "Have a good night Dr. Strange". He walks away, trying to breathe, the arc reactor is really doing a number on his lungs. He sidesteps Phil Coulson, and walks straight to Everheart. "Christine", he started breathless, "Hand me the pictures". She looks shocked, then furious. "If you think you can hide these-" "No, Chris, no" he whispers, guiding her away from the crowd. "My company is dealing under the table, and I need you to hand those over to keep you safe. I already have people looking at me, don't need them targeting you". Christine looks into Tony's eyes and sighs, handing him the folder discreetly. "What are you going to do about it?" He shrugged, tucking the photos away, "What I do best". He left, no fanfare, no extremes, nothing. Obadiah pulled him aside for pictures outside. "Tony, my boy, I hate to do this", Stane said, grasping his shoulder as the cameras flashed. Tony didn't look at him, and he hid his clenched fist from view. "And what is that?" he asked tensely. "The board has decided to repeal you from the company. Tony...they are worried about your mental health". Tony was quiet, tapping his foot slowly to keep his anger in check. "I have a therapist available, they'll stop by later in the month", he patted his back firmly. "What's his name? I'll just give him a call" he said briskly. "His name is Zemo, no last name, it's a German thing I think, one of the best I could find" Tony nodded, biting his tongue from a remark that could ruin everything, and walked away, a wave of heat going down his back. "Tony!" he called out, causing Tony to turn. "I'll see you around", he smiled, and walked into the gala. Tony walked away feeling oddly calm, but he knew everything was different now. He jumped into his car, "Jarvis prep my suit, we're going to Gulmera.....timeline be damned". "Of course Sir, prepping suit now"