Chapter Twenty Four-Ironman

Tony held himself very still, his back turned to Barnes who was still unconscious from the escape from his captors.

"Listen lady, is that rhetorical or literal? Because this is my fucking house", his eyes swept the darkness, the ethereal blue of his gauntlet watch cutting through the darkness.

There was a soft amused chuckle coming from the darkness, the strange swishing of fabrics continuing.

"A quid pro quo then? How did you get here?" she asked in that deceptively cool voice.

"Through the elevator", Tony replied dryly, his eyes scanning.

"Turn the lights back on, it's bad for the eyes", he remarked, still trying to put a face to the voice, straining his ears for the footsteps.

"You know the answer to my question Anthony, how did you get here?"

The gauntlet let out a soft whine as he started to charge it,

"Turn the lights back on, I won't ask you again", he said coldly, trying to not let a flicker of panic run through his tone-you would think seeing the same trauma twice would make you resilient to it but ha-no, it didn't in the slightest.

There was a soft resigned sigh and the lights flicked on, and there was a woman in strange beige robes right in front of him.

Tony scrambled back towards Barnes, staying in front of him and protecting him, his hand lifted to defend them both.

The woman tilted her head, her gaze flickering at Tony to Barnes.

"You've been busy since arriving...."

He scoffed, "How did you get in here, how do you know-what the fuck are you talking about?"

She looked resigned and started to move her hands, golden sparks and mandelas appearing over her hands.

Tony's reaction was immediate, he pulled back the gauntlet watch, watching towards her.

"Oh my god you're-do you know Stephen Strange? Were you his teacher or something?"

She smiled faintly and released her magic,

"In less words yes, I take it he had something to do with this?"

Tony sighed, rubbing over his face,

"Yeah....one second we were fighting and trying to-it doesn't matter", he ran a hand through his shortish brown hair,

"Then the next I feel like i'm falling and I land in my fucking bed-Ten years in the past...."

Her face softened, "Ten years? That's a lot of history, you're history that you have to repeat..."

Tony smiled softly,

"But I just proved I don't have to repeat it, I've done pretty much everything differently since the Gala some time after my return"

"I've noticed", the woman said dryly, crossing her arms.

"You have to return to the future"

"WHAT??? No!! I can't do that, I'm doing so much good here already! Come here, look", he grabbed her by her arm and pulled her to the holo screens at his work table. On it was a linear line of events, the top corner of it was called-

"'Time Travel Madness?' really?" She glanced over at him, the corners of her mouth twitching.

He shrugged, "it fits, anyway, I got fucked over with S.I, so that's a problem for another time, and now that Barnes is safe here, all of this will change", he continued to rattle off ideas and plans for the future, seeming excited to actually talk to someone who knew everything.

"Stark...I have two options for you", she said after there was enough silence to cut in.

Tony looked at her with a raised eyebrow, who was in the middle of talking about this young apprentice that was a superhero.

"Uh, sure? What kind of options?" he frowned and closed the folder.

"You are doing good here", she glanced over back to the comatose super solider assassin and then back to him.

"But you don't belong here, so you have the option for me to send you back...or you can train to become one of the Mystic Arts, and find where you belong this time around...."

Tony blinked slowly, wrapping his head around it.

"I need to think about it", he said softly, pulling out his phone.

"I never got your name actually", he looked up at her, handing her his phone.

She smiled and placed a simple number into the phone,

"I am called the Ancient One"

Tony tilted his head,

"I'm just going to call you Alice, you look like an Alice"

She sighed and opened a portal in his workshop, she walked towards it and turned to him,

"Think about it Tony, take as long as you want but actually consider it, please"

He nodded slowly and she stepped through the portal, disappearing.

"Well.....that was eventful", Jarvis intoned.

Tony started to chuckle like a madman, rubbing over his face,

"Fucking hell I never-holy shit, she's serious, oh my god...."