Chapter Twenty Two-Ironman

The warehouse seemed to perceive Ironmans emotion as he raged and seethed with anger, molten hot contempt in his blood and his body seemed to vibrate at a higher frequency within the suit. Tony lifted a hand and blasted a repulser at dozens of crates with his name on it-his goddamn name, destined to ship out to warring countries.

"Fucking Stane!! That bastard!!" he roared, his foot going into a crate containing a Jericho missile, crushing it to powder.

"Sir I know you're angry, but I need you to calm down, it's bad for your heart", Jarvis tried to soothe, concern in his own tone.

"He's the one that pushed for the mental evaluation-this fucking changes everything!!! The timeline is fucking screwed because of him", Tony snapped, setting fire to another crate, his vision swimming.

 How could he even begin to fix this?? Stane locked him out completely, he was set for life but he would never be able to set foot near Stark Industries without risking being sent to a 'mental hospital' as Stane put it. He's been removed from the equation entirely, how is he supposed to be Ironman?

 He has to deal with the palladium posioning, Vankov, fuck-how is he getting on the Avengers Team hidden away like this? If he reveals who he is it's only putting him in more danger and not at all helping-

Vehicles approaching cut off his spiraling thoughts, his screens using thermotechnology to see ten bodies leaving the two vans and entering the warehouse.

"It's Shield Tony, we should leave-", Jarvis tried to advise to no avail.

"Not happening", Tony scowled and set fire to another crate, he was almost done anyway.

His back was to the Agents, Fury and Maria Hill leading the charge as they entered to see a robot like suit destroying some crates, they were too burnt to discern what the contents were.

"We need to neutralize it, Hill-" Fury started to give instructions when the suit turned and crossed its arm, a very human behavior.

"That's more than insulting Nick", the suit droned in a deep, metallic voice.

"Have we met?", Fury asked in that dry and offending tone of his.

The suit shrugged, "Not yet, which is unfortunate, you were always a pain in my ass", the suit turned and destroyed another crate.

Phill stood alongside Fury, "We have the exits covered, what do we do?"

The red and golden mask stared down at Phil, there were no emotions to read but the wearer went silent at his approach.

Tony scanned the seven people that accompanied the director, Hill and Phil...five of them were Hydra operatives.

He sighed and lowered his head as he shook it,

"You should find better company Fury, it stinks of rats"

Fury just looked at him oddly, now being called his first and last name by this stranger in armor, he lifted his gun slowly.

"We're bringing you in for destruction of property, come quietly and we might let you keep the suit"

Tony laughed, a full on gauff,

"HA, okay, no", he smirked and aimed a repulser sound wave at the ground, knocking them all off their feet.

They hit their heads with a hard crash, most being incapacitated immediately.

Phil slowly sat up with a groan, his vision blurring and he scrambled for his gun.

Tony knelt on one knee, a degauntled hand on Phils wrist,

"Easy, easy Phil, I'm not going to hurt you"

"Who the hell are you?" He asked, shock and confusion written on his face.

He stood up slowly, looking down at Phil,

"I'm your best shot at surviving the next years, that's all you need to know", and he started to walk out of the destroyed warehouse, fire spreading and destroying the last of the weapons. He shot to the sky as more shield vehicles showed up and assisted the scene.

Phil watched him leave, holding his head as it bleed, paramedics rushing in and taking people out. Who would want to destroy an abandoned warehouse and burn it to the ground?