Chapter Nine- Avengers

Steve doesn't know what to make of this-Ironman coming to help, or how easy Loki gave up.

 Loki just sat in his chains, seeming to stare at nothing, then Ironman stood beside Steve.

 "Captain Rodgers," Ironman said softly, "how's your recovery going?" 

Steve glances at Ironman, then returns his gaze to Loki. 

"Slow, I think I'll always miss my time, no matter how I adjust now".

 He nods, "Make sure your not only listening to Shield, they don't have everything right. 

Plus," Ironman pauses, handing Steve a card with an address.

 "I know a dinner in Brooklyn that has tried to stay in the 40's era theme.

 From what I hear from other surviving vets, they haven't changed much". 

He was still holding the card, Steve wasn't sure about actually going, but it was a nice idea. 

Steve carefully grabs it and places it in his suit pocket.

 The sound of lightning cracked around them, and jarred the quinjet.

 "Nat, where did that come from?" Steve asked.

 "Out of nowhere, I'm trying to get us out".

 Ironman just stood, seeming unfazed.

 Suddenly the hangar door bursts open, and a tall man rushes in, grabs Loki, then promptly flies out.

 Ironman takes off.

 "Another Asgardian?" Nat asked. 

"I think so, I'm going after them", he said, grabbing his shield.

"I can find a place to land, but it might take a while," Nat said, turning back to see Steve jump the plane, "or not".

Ironman raced after the princes, landing a safe distance away.

 "Permission to approach, Prince Thor and Prince Loki?"

 They froze, halting their argument and stared at Ironman.

 "You may approach, Son of Midgard" Thor said, stunned. 

Ironman walked forward, placed a hand on his chest and bowed, "I would desire we met on better terms, but not everyone gets what one wishes".

 Loki tilts his head, "Who are you? Are you Asgardian?" his eyes flashed blue, with green peaking through. 

Ironman shakes his head, "Far from it, your highness, but we have a different problem on hand".

 With that, a compartment opened in his suit, and he pulled out, "the tesseract? How did you-"

 Loki was cut off as Ironman placed the space stone on his forehead.

 Hie eyes widened, and Thor could see the blue that was in his eyes roll away to show the bright envy green eyes.

 Loki slumped, falling into Thor's embrace. 

"Not everything is as it seems, Odinson" Ironman said, placing a hand on Loki's head.

 "Watch out for him, protect him, in many ways he is still the boy who wanted to be with his brother". 

Thor held his brother, not answering him.

 He sits down, golding Loki gently as Ironman flies away. 

Thor starts rocking his brother, feeling his thin body, and pulled his hand away to see blood from his back.

 The jet lands a short distance away as Steve ran up to him from a distance.

 "Where's Ironman?" he asked the stranger in a red cloak.

 "He is gone, but he saved my brother," he lifted him up, Loki's head resting on Thor's shoulder.

 "He needs medical attention" he walked past and into the jet that was beginning to open.

 Nat came walking down, not giving the Asgardians any attention, "Steve! Fury has contact with Clint, the mind control disappeared".

 Steve blinked, "It what?"