Under the Stars

a/n: hi! this is my first time writing on here, so feedback is always encouraged. thanks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Avengers compound, 9:37 PM]

Wanda is standing by the window, looking through the glass pane, admiring the night sky.

You walk up behind her and say, "it's a beautiful night, isn't it." as you slide your arms around your girlfriend's waist and hug her from behind. Wanda sinks into your arms with a soft inhale and lays her head back on your shoulder. She turns her head slightly, glances up at you, and says, "not as beautiful as you." You look at her, cheeks flushed pink and then place a kiss on her forehead.

Wanda looks back out the window, seeing the stars continue to twinkle and shimmer.

You tuck her hair behind her ear and softly suggest, "why don't we go outside and see the stars?" She turns back to you. "Really?" She asks as her eyes light up. "Yeah! It's not too chilly out tonight." You reply back and then proceed with, "we could do it on the roof! I can get us a blanket to sit on, maybe grab a few candles..." "I would love that."

You go to your room, grab a cozy blanket and rummage through your drawers to find some small candles.

Wanda is standing at the bottom of the stairwell, twisting the rings on her fingers while patiently waiting for you. A soft smile grows on her face as she sees you round the corner of the hall.

You walk up to her, blanket and candles cradled into one arm and reach for her hand. Your fingers interlace with a gentle grip. The metal of her rings feel cool against the warmth of your fingers. She brings your hand up to her lips and kisses it.

You walk up the stairs together holding hands and head to the roof.

Wanda opens the door and a gentle breeze flows through her brown hair. You stare for a second in awe before proceeding through the doorway and onto the rooftop.

She grabs the candles from on top of the blanket and places them on the ground. You and Wanda then lay down the blanket and sit down together.

You go to reach for the candles then say, "oh, shoot!" "What?" Wanda urgently replies. "I forgot to grab a lighter." You both share a chuckle then Wanda says, "Don't worry, I got this." She creates a small ball of red energy and with one swift motion disperses it to each candle, igniting the wicks. "There." She says with a proud grin.

The gentle breeze comes and goes, the candles generate a warm light. The mood is set.

Wanda pulls you into her arms and you snuggle into her chest as you both gaze at the wondrous night sky above.

"Wow. It seems like the stars are shining extra bright tonight." You say.
"It's gorgeous," Wanda responds.
She then exclaims with a point, "Oh look! There's the Big Dipper!"
"Where? I don't see it."
"It's right there!" Wanda excitedly points again.
"I still can't see it!"
"Here, let me show you."

Wanda takes your hand and guides your finger through the sky, connecting the stars with effervescent glowing red lines.

The Big Dipper, now outlined by Wanda, stands out as all of the other stars seem to fade into the deep blue sky. You sit there, mesmerized by the constellation, all snuggled up in your girlfriend's chest as she plays with your hair.

You sneak out from under her arms, wrap your arms around her stomach and slowly lie down on your back, pulling Wanda onto your chest. You kiss her head and hold her tighter ever so slightly.

Both your hearts beat in sync, your breath rising and falling in unison, staring up at the stars together on what feels like a perfect night.

"I love you." You say to Wanda.
Wanda slowly flips onto her stomach to face you. She sits up on top of you, straddling you, one hand on the ground and the other resting on your stomach. "I love you too." She responds with her green eyes being softly lit by the candlelight.

She looks deeper into your eyes, then down at your lips, gently bites her bottom lip, then looks back up into your eyes, runs her finger behind your ear, places her hand on the side of your face and kisses you, under the stars.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n: this was the first idea I had, so apologies if it wasn't a super smooth story 😅
I really don't know what I'm doing tbh cuz I'm decently new to fanfic 😵‍💫