You're My Girlfriend

You and Wanda were saying your goodbyes as you both went off to different quinjets. You both had missions, but sadly not the same ones. Yours would take about a few hours, while Wanda would be gone for two days. You were going to miss her so much for those two days and you couldn't wait to be in her arms again.

You were in the middle of the mission with Steve and Natasha. You guys were surrounded, but still fought back and were kicking asses left and right. You had taken out all of the agents that were close to you, or at least you thought you had. You were headed to go help out Natasha when you felt a presence behind you. Before you could react, your head took a hard blow and then everything went black.

You open your eyes to very bright lights, so bright you thought you might've made it to heaven. Once your pupils adjusted, you found out you were not in heaven, but in a hospital of sorts. You were in a bed, not a comfortable one might I add, and you didn't recognize the clothes you were wearing. They didn't seem like clothes you would normally wear, or anyone would normally wear for that matter. It was some sort of fighting attire you thought. The colour was gorgeous though, a dark green, that you're sure would be better if it wasn't covered in dirt. Why was it covered in dirt? Why are you covered in dirt?

Before you could ask yourself any more questions, the door swings open as a, you assume doctor, walks in. "Hey, y/n. Glad to see you're awake." It takes a moment for you to realize he called you y/n and that that is your name. The man speaks again, "your vitals look good, but that bump on your head might be there for a bit. I'll get you some painkillers for that." Bump on your head... Hmm. How did that get there? You shrug it off and just say, "Thank you, doctor." "Y/n, we've been over this. You can just call me Bruce," he says with a smile. You look at him, puzzled. You can't help but wonder how this man seems to know you because you definitely don't know him. "Y/n? Is everything okay?" "Who... D-Do I know you?" "C'mon, y/n. This is no time for jokes." Your puzzled expression remains. His face begins to look concerned and he leaves the room, somewhat hastily.

A few minutes later he's back, and he's not alone. He's brought along a man with a goatee, a woman with short red hair, a man with hella muscles, a man with long blond hair, and a man with short brown hair. "Y/n," your doctor, or Bruce, starts, "do you know who any of these people are?" You look at them, analyzing them while racking your brain to see if you recognize any of them.

You don't.

You shake your head and they all share looks. "That's okay, y/n. I might just need to keep you here a little longer to run a few more tests." You just nod your head, scared as to what's exactly happening and don't feel like you can form words. The group leaves the room and they quietly have a conversation, but you can still catch a bit of what they're saying.
"Are they gonna be okay?"
"How long will it take?"
"Just don't force anything."
"I'll call Maximoff and let her know."

Bruce runs some tests like he said he would and carefully explains what the building is that you're in and that you live in it. He also mentions how the people he brought in live in the building and they know you as their friend. He eventually says you're okay to go and leads you to a room a few floors up in this very... interesting building. "Do you recognize this room?" You look around, and to be honest, it doesn't look all that familiar. You take a deep inhale to let out a big sigh, but the scent that invades your nose is familiar. Finally. Something familiar. As you slowly look around the room, lightly dragging your fingers across a few items, you nod your head and smile. "This is my room." You look at Bruce and see him smiling. "I still don't know who you are though, I'm sorry." "That's okay, y/n." He leaves you in your room and you go to sit on your bed, happy with the fact that you know you're in a safe place.

A few days have passed and you've become acquainted, or I guess reacquainted, with the people you now know are the Avengers. You still don't really recognize any of them or remember anything about them, but you had a dream last night. You don't remember much of it, but you think it sparked a memory of someone.

You make your way over to the kitchen to grab some breakfast and see that a few of the members are already there. Steve, Natasha, Wanda and Sam. Perfect. You stroll right into the kitchen and say, "there's my favourite redhead."

Wanda turns to look at you and smiles, but it falters as soon as she sees you wrap your arms around Natasha's waist.

"Y/n, what are you doing?" Natasha asks. "Hugging my girlfriend of course. How'd you sleep, baby?"

Wanda's eyes begin to fill with tears and she quickly heads to her bedroom and slams the door.

"Woah, everything okay with witchy?" you ask. "Uhm, yeah. Yeah," Nat responds with a reassuring smile, remembering what Bruce had said, to not force your memory to return and go along with what you do supposedly remember.

You hug her a little tighter and take in her scent, but it seems different. Not in a bad way, but not how you remember it. You think nothing of it and get something to eat.

The next day you were cuddled on the couch with your girlfriend, Natasha, watching something on the TV. Wanda walks in and a mix of sadness and anger takes over her body, but you didn't notice. You were too focused on the show and the warmth from your girlfriend to even know Wanda was there. Natasha does notice her presence and of course feels guilty because she knows that this is killing Wanda. She mouths an "I'm sorry" to Wanda and to make matters worse, you just happen to kiss Nat's cheek and snuggle closer into her. It's like you were trying to hurt Wanda. You had no idea you were hurting her. You had no idea you were hurting the one you actually loved. It takes Wanda every bone in her body not to use her powers on you and make you remember that she's your girlfriend. She leaves the room with a huff and only when you hear that do you realize that someone else was even in the room.

Almost a week has gone by of you believing that Natasha is your girlfriend. She continues to play along, much to Wanda's demise, and you still have no idea that you're dating the wrong redhead. Although Natasha feels bad, she was having fun pretending to be your girlfriend and she has learned a lot about you. She couldn't wait until you come to your senses though. She only likes you as a friend and she's starting to see you as a bit clingy. She doesn't want to hurt you and leave you heartbroken for your real girlfriend to deal with, so for now, she remains your girlfriend.

You're in your room, just scrolling on your phone and you start to feel cold, so you go and grab a sweater. As you're putting it on, a scent fills your nostrils. A scent very familiar and makes you feel very warm, or it could just be the sweater. Still, the scent, you recognize it. You pull the material up to your nose and take in the scent once more. Your eyes widen. You release your grip on the sweater. There it was. The missing puzzle piece. You look at the room around you. It seems more vibrant, more detailed. Everything around you seems to come to life and looking at certain items brings back memories you thought you had lost. Everything was resurfacing in your brain and it started to feel like a lot. You took a deep breath to try and calm down, but the scent of the sweater only invades your senses once again.

"Wanda," you breathe out.

You make your way over to Wanda's room and gently knock on her door. She opens it to find you standing there and she just wants to slam the door in your face, but before she can you simply say, "you're my girlfriend." The expressions on both your faces are indecipherable. Before she can respond or even process the words that just came out of your mouth, you cup her face to pull her into a kiss. Her hands unconsciously find your waist to pull you closer to her and she kisses you back.

You eventually pull away, tears starting to stream down your face as Wanda's eyes gloss over. "I'm so sorry, my love. I don't know how I could ever forget you." Wanda gently wipes away a few of your tears while saying, "it's okay, honey. It wasn't your fault. I'm just glad to have you back." "Me too." You then pull her into a tight hug, allowing you to smell her scent and feel right at home.