I Think About You 🎶

a/n: based on the song "I Think About You" from Austin & Ally
your thoughts are italicized :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wanda has many powers and abilities, but her most notable is her mind-reading capabilities. Wanda can usually pick and choose whose minds she wants to read, but she can somehow just hear your thoughts when you're near her. Your mind racing doesn't help as she can't tell you to stop or go somewhere else because she doesn't want you to know she can involuntarily hear your thoughts. She figured it would make your mind race faster and all she'd hear would be, "oh god. Am I thinking too much again? Can Wanda hear me? I'm probably thinking too much again and it's driving her insane how loud my thoughts are, but I don't know how to turn it off and I can't just, stop thinking. That would be crazy, right? To just stop thinking. Yeah, yeah that's totally crazy." After a while, it wasn't that bad as she managed to mostly tune you out, but then she caught on to the fact that some of your thoughts were about her. She was surprised and a bit intrigued by this and started to listen more intently.

[Avengers compound]

You were sitting on the couch on your phone, mindlessly scrolling on Instagram. Wanda was in the kitchen preparing some food for lunch. "She's so gorgeous. She's literally just existing, but she's so just gorgeous," you thought to yourself as you pulled your eyes away from your screen for just a second to admire her as she sliced and diced.

Wanda had planned to go on a run early in the morning once. You were lying on the couch half-awake as she came through the elevator doors sweating in shorts and a sports bra. "Damn. She's kinda hot thoooo. Figuratively and literally it seems. Okay, maybe I should offer her some water." "Hey Wands, do you want some water?" "Yes please, that'd be great, y/n."

Wanda was brushing her teeth in the bathroom with the door closed and you passed by going elsewhere. She assumed it wasn't you walking by as she couldn't hear any of your thoughts, but then out of nowhere, "I want Wanda to hug me from behind." She practically choked on her toothpaste from being caught so off guard.

You were in the training room sparring with Wanda and you always try not to look her in the eye because you know you'll lose focus. One day you happened to lock eyes with her and you couldn't break the eye contact. "Is everything okay?" Wanda asks. You take a moment to register her words and aggressively shake your head to stop looking at her eyes and answer her question. "Uh, yeah. Yeah, I'm good." You continue to spar with her. "I get lost in her eyes wayyyyy too easily."

Wanda was standing out on the balcony with a cup of tea in her hands on a brisk autumn evening. She was watching the sunset. A gentle breeze would come and go making her skirt flow with it. The sunlight lit up her face and her eyes sparkled. "She's so pretty what the hell." She saw you looking at her and motioned for you to join her. You two watched the sunset together and if you weren't such a nervous wreck, you probably would've kissed her because it was the perfect moment to do so, or at least to confess your feelings. "Not yet."

You were walking down the hall and heard music coming from somewhere. You followed it and ended up standing outside Wanda's room. Her door was ajar and you peered in to find she was tidying up her room, but also having the time of her life dancing around to whatever songs were playing. You smiled and walked away thinking, "I'd be so down to spend the rest of my life with her."

Not only can Wanda hear the thoughts in your head, but she can also hear any songs that are playing in your mind too. You had your music on shuffle once and a song played. As soon as you heard it, you instantly associated the song and lyrics with Wanda. Even though you didn't want to verbally confess your feelings for Wanda to her, part of you still wished that she knew and would hopefully like you back. This song was on your mind almost on repeat, or at least that's what Wanda thought because whenever she was around you, you would sing it in your head.

When she'd be in the kitchen and you'd walk in to get a snack, "I think about you every morning when I open my eyes. I think about you every evening when I turn out the lights."

When she'd be trying to read a book on the couch as you sit on a different one scrolling on your phone, "I think about you every moment every day of my life, You're on my mind all the time, it's true. I think about you, you, you, you, you."

When she'd walk past your bedroom as you got ready for bed, "'Cause I know that I should forget you if I could. I can't yet for so many reasons."

She finds you finishing up drying the dishes as she hears the song in your head once again. "How long 'til I stop pretending? What we have is never-ending. Oh, oh oh." Wanda starts to sing along to the song, matching the timing in your head, but you don't seem to notice. "If all are is just a moment. Don't forget me 'cause I won't and-" You notice her singing and begin to sing out loud with her. "I can't help myself." You stop singing and start,

"No way. You've seen Austin and Ally?"
"Uhh, no. What's that?"
"That's where the song is from."
"Oh. Well, I only know the song because of you."
"W- What do you mean?"
"I hear it all the time."
"Elaborate, please."
"From your mind. I hear it from there constantly."
"Oh..."
"I also know who it's about."
"Y-you— you do?"
"Yeah," she says softly as she moves closer to you to face you and places her hands on your shoulders then continues, "I do."

"Oh god. Oh god oh god oh god. She knows. What the hell do I do now? I gotta do something. Awkward smile? Kiss her? Chuckle? Kiss her?"
Your racing mind suddenly comes to a halt when Wanda's hands meet your face and you feel a pair of soft lips on yours. After the initial shock, you kiss her back and your hands find their way to her waist to pull her closer.

Your lungs burn from the lack of oxygen as you don't want to disconnect your lips from hers, but you both separate to fill your lungs with the much-needed air. Her hands move back onto your shoulders while yours slide around her waist to her back. She locks eyes with you in a soft gaze and you both stay like that for a moment, soaking in everything that just happened. "That was... amazing," you say. "And your eyes are the most gorgeous in the world my gosh." Wanda tries to hide a chuckle while responding, "That was amazing... and I think your eyes are the most gorgeous in the world." She scrunches her nose as she smiles. "Can you still hear my thoughts?" "Maybe." Your eyes narrow. "If you wanna go on a date with me, kiss me again." And kiss you she did.