Simon Says

You're sitting on the quinjet for a mission. Nat and Steve are co-pilots with you, Clint, Sam and Wanda sitting along either side of the jet. Clint and Sam are opposite you and Wanda, who's sitting on your right.

Clint decides to test out the earpieces, so he goes to the back of the jet behind some equipment so none of you can see or hear him. His voice rings through your earpiece saying, "if you can hear me, raise your left hand."

You and everyone raise their left hand, proving that the earpieces work. Clint comes back and takes his seat.

With that, you get an idea to pass the time. "How about we play a game of Simon says," you suggest.

"That game is for children," Sam scoffs and crosses his arms.

"Simon says we're playing a game of Simon Says," you state.

Sam looks at you and then rolls his eyes, knowing he'll lose before the game even starts. "Fine."

You smile at him before starting, "Simon says... touch your nose."

The three Avengers do as told, Nat and Steve not participating, as they are focused on flying.

"Simon says... shrug your shoulders."

The three of them all comply, Sam getting a little too into it shrugging them more than once.

"Simon says, raise your right pinkie."

They all do the action, although Wanda almost raised her left one.

"Stick out your tongue."

Clint sticks out his tongue.

"Ooh. Sorry Clint, but Simon didn't say."

He fake pouts, his tongue still sticking out, making you and the others laugh.

The game continues with Sam and Wanda.

"Simon says, stick out your tongue."

Both Sam and Wanda stick their tongues out at Clint, making him roll his eyes.

"Make a fist."

Neither of them does.

"Good. Simon says, look up."

The two of them do as told.

"Simon says, look to your left."

Sam and Wanda turn their heads left, Wanda now looking at you as you keep your head facing forward.

"Kiss me."

Wanda kisses your cheek.

"Ooh, sorry. Simon didn't say," you speak condescendingly as you turn your head, slowly shaking it in a jokingly disapproving manner.

With your face that close to Wanda's, her cheeks flush red.

Even though you weren't the mind reader of the team, you had figured out that Wanda had a crush on you. She tried her best to keep it hidden, but you saw right through her and you're grateful you did. As you spent more time with Wanda in the compound, your feelings for her started to grow. You, however, were better at keeping your crush hidden from Wanda.

You turn your head back and congratulate Sam on his victory while you gently place your hand on Wanda's knee, mindlessly tracing circles with your thumb.

Wanda hesitantly places her hand on top of yours before it relaxes and she starts to calmly fidget with your fingers. Both of your hands stay like that until you land.

Throughout the mission, you notice that Wanda isn't as focused as she usually is, so you stay close to her to make sure nothing would happen.

You and Wanda are the first ones back on the jet after completing the mission, sitting in silence until she quickly breathes out, "Simon says go on a date with me."

Did she just say what you think she said? You weren't expecting her to make the first move. You try to play off the fact that you're caught off guard by replying, "Wands, we're not playing that anymore."

Her eyes widen as embarrassment takes over and she stutters, "oh, uh, I, uh-"

You go to hold her hand and interlock your fingers with hers. She looks down at your intertwined hands, then looks up at you.

"But I'd love to go on a date with you," you whisper and give her hand a gentle squeeze with a smile on your lips. She smiles back and her nose scrunches up making your smile grow.