Warmth

You and Wanda have recently wed. You've been together for almost 4 years and have lived on your own together for over half of that.

[Your apartment]

You wake up one morning, the clock reads [9:07 AM] and you let out a yawn. You stretch your arms out and go to reach for Wanda, only to find the spot next to you empty. You had fallen asleep the previous night cuddled up together and was a little sad that you didn't wake up in the same position. Well, maybe you did before Wanda had gotten out of bed.

You yawn once more, slowly sit up, and get out of bed to go search for your wife. You enter the living room and see her curled up in a ball facing the back of the couch. You go to put a blanket on top of her, but notice Wanda holding her stomach and her face wet from tears she hadn't wiped away. "Wanda, baby, what's wrong?" She shudders with a sharp inhale and holds her stomach tighter. You recognize the sound and movement and know exactly what's going on. Cramps. "It's gonna be okay, my love." You lay a blanket over her, brush some hair out of her face, wipe her damp cheek with your thumb, and kiss her temple. You go and place a heating bag in the microwave.

When Wanda gets her period, she often gets really painful cramps. Pain that no pain killer could alleviate. With her powers growing, you'd think her cramps would be more manageable, but they've somehow gotten worse over time. You decide to grab a naproxen tablet from your cabinet for her as she's found that it's the pain killer that helps her the most, but it still doesn't do much. You also grab a glass and fill it with water.

The microwave beeps and you take the heating bag along with the tablet and water over to Wanda. "Take this, my love. I know it doesn't do much, but it'll do something," you say as you hand her the tablet and the water and she takes it. You grab the glass and place it on the coffee table.

"Do you want me to carry you to bed or do you wanna stay here on the couch?" "I'm not moving from this couch ever again." With that, you lie down next to her and slowly lift the blanket to place the hot bag onto Wanda's stomach then rest your hand on the bag. You feel a sudden push on your hand coming from Wanda's hands, holding the source of heat closer to her stomach.

Her breath is shaky and uneven, you kiss her head and her grasp softens for a moment. Her breathing begins to steady, until her hands squeeze yours into the heat on her stomach, tighter than before. Her wedding ring is bound to leave a mark on your hand from the pressure. You see small specs of glowing red magic spark under the blanket, escaping from Wanda's fingertips. They sting your hand ever so slightly, but not enough for you to let go, you're used to it by now. Her grip releases and Wanda says with a weak sigh, "I'm sorry, y/n." "It's okay, my love. It's not your fault." You say as you snuggle closer to her and then kiss her cheek. "I will stay like this all day, Wanda. I'll keep you warm." And you do. You take care of her and stay with her the whole day, keeping her warm.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n: I tend to get really bad period cramps, so I kinda drew on that for this 🫠