Build-A-Bear

"Babyyyyy," you whine as you trudge into your room where Wanda is on the bed marking up some sheet music.
She looks up and gives you a knowing look, sensing you want something. "Yes, my love?"
"Can we go on a date?" you ask as you sit on the bed next to her.
She smiles. "I'd love to! Did you have something in mind?"
A big tight-lipped smile flashes across your face as you quickly nod your head. "I wanna go to build-a-bear. With you. I wanna go on a date to build-a-bear with you."
She chuckles then says, "don't you think you have enough stuffed animals, y/n?"
You scoff. "There is no such thing as 'enough' stuffed animals, Wanda."
"I guess." She shrugs and nods in agreeance. "Is there a certain bear that you want?"
"Yessss, and it's a limited edition, so I'd appreciate it if we could leave. Like now. Please."
"Okay, baby. Let me just put my papers away."
She begins stacking them all together and, luckily for you, decides to use her magic to put them in the binder with the rest of her sheet music.

On the drive to the closest build-a-bear, you both sing along to Reneé Rapp songs and crack up when the clean version of Poison Poison plays. You wait for the end of the song while parked because it's the best part. You then both take some time to calm down from laughing and put on your ball caps to go incognito, then exit the car.

You practically run to the build-a-bear, Wanda quick behind you. When she reaches you, she intertwines her hand with yours, which makes you slow down a bit, but your excitement is still at a hundred. Wanda loves seeing you all giddy like this, she thinks it's adorable. You've slowed down to a reasonable walking pace and she gives you a kiss on the head. You instinctively lean into her side, wrapping your free arm across her stomach, and resting your head on her shoulder.

You have been dying to take Wanda to build-a-bear ever since she became your girlfriend. She seemed like the type of person who would love stuffed animals, and you were right. You've gifted her stuffies of all kinds and she's loved them all. Her favourites seem to be the squishmallows, especially the larger ones.

You finally make it to the store and see the bear you want. You walk right up to where all of the unstuffed bears are, but right before grabbing one Wanda stops you. She notices what the bear is and thinks about her response to seeing it. She turns to you with an indecipherable look etched on her face. "You want a bear version of me? But you already have a real me to cuddle with," she says with a pout. "I know, silly. This is for when you're away on missions, so you'll always be with me no matter what." She smiles at that. "It's also so cute! Just. Like. You." You boop her on the nose with each word, resulting in her nose all scrunched up. Adorable. You grab one of the bears and give her a quick peck on the cheek.

Wanda now takes her time looking for her bear, and she really takes her time. Then her eyes land on this one animal. A bunny. She walks towards it, never taking her eyes off of it and you follow behind her. She raises her hand and points at it. "I want that one." She looks at you, now standing beside her. You nod your head. "Okay, baby." She glances back to the bunny and then looks at you again. Her eyes seem a bit glossed over. "What is it, Wands?" She shifts her weight between her feet and her eyes fall to her hands where she fidgets with her rings. You gently place your hand on her upper arm, sliding it up and down to try and soothe her. "I just... there's this stuffed animal I had when I was younger. It was a bit tattered but it was everything to me. Then... then when the bomb hit and... and my parents..." You pull her into a hug as tears fall from her eyes. "I never saw it again. It was one of the few things I had that brought me comfort and then it was just... gone."

You hold her for a bit longer until her breathing calms. She pulls away from you and says, "this bunny reminds me so much of that stuffy. I want it so bad, but I'm also scared to get it. What if something happens to it? What if I lose it? What if-" "I'll make sure nothing happens to that bunny, I promise," you cut her off so she doesn't spiral. "I'll protect it with my life." She lightly chuckles at your statement. "Thank you, honey." You kiss her forehead. "Of course."