What Can I Do? 🎶

a/n: Stream Reneé Rapp's EP 'Everything to Everyone' <3
Your thoughts are italicized :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When Wanda joined the Avengers you two had hit it off pretty well. You became quite close and are now each other's best friends. You loved hanging out with her, but when she started to date Vision, you began to spend less time together and you missed her for two reasons. 1, she's your best friend and you don't know what you would do without her and 2...

POV y/n
I'm sitting on the couch with Wanda watching a movie with a few of the other team members. Her boyfriend was currently in the bathroom, so I guess she decided to spend some time with me since he wasn't present. I didn't even know synthezoids needed to use the bathroom, but I'll take whatever chance I can get to be close to Wanda. She's leaning against me a bit as she watches the movie play. Her hand gently rests on the back of mine, but at some point, I flip it over so I'm now holding her hand. She doesn't pull away and snuggles a bit closer to me. Her attention is on the screen in front of us, but mine is elsewhere. It's on her.

Every time there's a loud abrupt noise from the film her nostrils flare and her hand ever so slightly squeezes mine. These are things that Wanda does that I've known for a while. We've been best friends for just over a year, so I've come to notice a lot of little things, cute things, that she does. I wonder if Vision notices them. I wonder if he notices the things that I can. She wouldn't get it, though. It doesn't matter that I notice these things because she doesn't understand. She doesn't understand that I want her, but I know I'm only one of her friends.

I know so much about Wanda. Sometimes I think I know more about herself than she does. I usually order for her when we go out to eat. Not because she can't order for herself, but because she trusts and knows that I know her favourite things and I have yet to receive a complaint from her. Along with that, she's opened up to me so much about her childhood and even her time with HYDRA. She's shared many stories from her past but has also shared some of her craziest and wildest dreams for her future, and I make sure to listen to every word she speaks. She also goes on for hours and hours on end telling me that Vision is not what she needs, and even if I don't want to, I think I tend to listen to her rants more intently. When she talks about him I can see two things in her eyes. The first thing I see is along the lines of dread and annoyance, but the other... it seems to be love? I can't tell who or what it's for though and I won't get my hopes up thinking it's for me, or is it? I know she's too good for him and she knows she's too good for him. I just know that if it were me, I'd give her everything.

So every night, before I fall asleep I wonder, what can I do, so she feels it too? Part of me just wants to say it and tell her how I feel, but I'm scared that if I do, maybe she wasn't looking at me the way I was looking at her. A look full of pure love and no doubt in my mind about it. I can't risk sharing my feelings with her though. I'd rather keep on lying to her than tell her the truth, so I guess I'll just be here forever wondering what can I do...

Back to the movie, I noticed that Wanda seemed to calm down even after the loud noises occur in the film. Maybe I'm providing some comfort for her, I don't know. I'm still not paying attention to the movie, but my mind has started to drift as looking at Wanda has made me start to think about her and what it'd be like to be with her.

POV Wanda
I started to find the movie a bit boring if I'm being honest, so I thought I'd find something better to watch, y/n's thoughts. I can't always see them as they tend to think both visually and verbally, but I'm curious to see what's on their mind now. I gently move my hand that's not intertwined with theirs as I ready my magic.

Ooh, this is entertaining, and maybe a little invasive, but they're my best friend, I'm sure they won't mind. I can see that they're thinking about someone softly kissing their neck, someone with long brown hair. I wonder who the mystery person is. Y/n seems to be enjoying it as I can feel a hint of the butterflies in their stomach in my own. Looks like the mystery kisser is about to be revealed as the other person looks up and- WHAT THE FUCK?!