eleven

Jahbari Micheals - Alexander Westlock's Office - 4:55 PM*earlier last week*"Alright, well that completes the paperwork for the trademark and the Nike partnership

*earlier last week*
"Alright, well that completes the paperwork for the trademark and the Nike partnership. Anything else you wanted to go over?" Mr. Westlock asks and I wipe my sweaty palms on my jeans, holding Nile on my lap.

"I know this isn't a good time, but I do want your blessing" I deadpan, watching his expression as I pull the small box from my pocket and place it on the conference table.

He looks at me with a blank expression before smoothing his eyebrows out and opening the box. "Sheesh" he says, raising his eyebrows.

"You don't think it's too soon, Jah? I mean I see you as my son, and would be glad to have you as a part of my family. But she's only eighteen" he says, running his hand through his hair and staring at the ring.

"No sir I do not. I love Sapphire more than anything, and I want her to be my wife. Both of our lives and careers are taking off, and I want to do this now" I admit. "This is a nice ring..." he comments, itching his beard.

"When did you know that you know that she was the one" he asks me.

"I remember.. when I was in juvenile, and the thoughts I've been having my whole life came back. She wasn't talking to me or visiting, and I wasn't calling ha even though everything in me was telling me to. It felt like rock bottom fa me. I only had a couple weeks left, but I didn't know if I was gonna make it. I was in deep depression. I was suicidal, and then the next day she showed up. That's when I knew I wanted ha to be my wife because even at my lowest point, she stood by me, no questions asked" I explain, shedding a tear from bringing that memory up.

After a couple moments he closes the box and slides it back to me. "You treat her better than I ever could've. And I would be proud to call you my son" he tears up a little.

"Thank you Mr. Westlock, I won't let you or ha down I promise" I smile wide. She really gone be my wife soon.

*back to present*
"Sapphire.." I start off. Both of our hands were shaking and she had dropped the jacket into her lap, staring at me with a shocked expression.

"Baby my heart beats fa you. I need you, Sapph. I love you. I love you so much. You my person and you stood by me, even when I made stupid decisions and hurt you. Nobody ever made me feel the way you make me feel, you made me whole. Sapphire Westlock, will you marry me?" I ask, breathing heavily.

She wasn't saying anything, just had tears running down her face.

"It's you and me Jah" she sniffles holding her arm out for the ring. I slip it onto her ring finger and yank her up, pulling her into my chest. "I love you so much" she says as I sway us side to side.

"I luh you too. I can't believe you finna be my wife" I smile so wide. This is the happiest moment of my life, I never want to let her go.
--------------
sapphire.micheals