sixteen

Dakota Goldwater - 2:34 PM - North Carolina'I wonder where Malik is

'I wonder where Malik is..' I think to myself, checking into the hotel the team was going to be staying at.

This was my only chance to get Malik to choose me over that other girl. Who wouldn't want me?

"Hii Zach" I wave, seeing him come inside the hotel with his bag. "Sup Kota" he nods at me and I smile.

"Malikkk!" I see him come inside the hotel behind Zach. He shakes his head a little and Jah, who was behind him laughs.

"Why are you here bruh" he shakes his head and dodges me when I try to hug him. "I came to support the team, of course" I smile, but it doesn't work on him and he just walks away.

I suck my teeth and grab my bag, heading towards the elevator to find my room.

Destiny Micheals - 3:45 PM - The Mall

"Mommm. Stop picking out lame dresses" I whine, stressing. I couldn't find anything to wear for my event on Sunday. They want me to make a small speech for my collage too.

"You not appreciating my expertise" she rolls her eyes and puts the long, floral dress back on the rack.

"Okay I'm back" Sapphire says, holding a bunch of dresses. And a pantsuit. "Thank you Sapphire" I take a sigh of relief.

We go into the dressing rooms, and I end up choosing a short green dress to wear. "You got one?" Kenzo asks, waiting outside the fitting rooms.

"Yep" I smile and show him my dress. "I like ittt" he kisses my cheek. We go to checkout and Kenzo pays for the dress.

"Thanksss" I smile again and he shrugs. "It's nun baby, you know I got it" he grabs my hand as we all walk out of the store.

"Sapphire, you coming home?" I ask and she shakes her head. "I have workkk. Sorry boo" she kisses my cheek and hugs Mom.

"You wanna go get some food?" Kenzo asks and I nod. "I'm finna go with Roscoe. Love you Daughter" Mom gives me a hug too.