twenty two

Hudson Donovan -  8:02 PM - Columbia Dorms

Hudson Donovan - 8:02 PM - Columbia Dorms

I was sitting down, doing my final project for my communications class. This shit is gone take forever.

"You almost done?" Malik asks me through FaceTime. He was in New Jersey for a basketball game.

I'm so glad the season is almost over, he's always gone.

"No, not even close" I laugh, this class is starting to drive me crazy.

"Well shittt. You still gotta study for midterms. They ina couple days" he says and I sigh. The work is starting to pile up,

There's a knock on the door and my eyebrows furrow. Who could that be?

I open the door, revealing my little brother Kincade.

"The fuck? Whatchu doin here?" I question. "Who is that?" Malik asks through the phone. "It's just my lil brother let me call you back" I say, letting Kincade inside my dorm.

"Ight. I'll talk to you later bae" he hangs up the phone and my brother plops down on the bed.

"How the hell you get here?" I ask. "Plane" he gets under my covers. "The hell? Momma know you here?" I ask another question.

"Hell naw. She got that man over there again I just got sick of his shit so I left." he shrugs and I shake my head.

"Who? Lucas back over there?" I ask and he nods.

"What he do to you? He tried to hit you again?" I suck my teeth, this is the wrong time for this shit to be coming up.

"He tried to, I hit his ass back and Mom got mad" he says and my blood boils.

"What the fuck? How the hell you mad at your son for defending hisself" I shake my head. "I'ma figure it out Cade. You'n have to worry about it you can stay here for a lil."

"I know that's why I came" he laughs and dozed off in my bed.

"You missin school and shit tho bro, you can't stay here long" I shake my head and he sucks his teeth back.

"Man, you just wanna bring that man in here. Stop the cap" he rolls his eyes.

"Baby I'ma see my man regardless so it definitely ain't that" I stick my tongue out and Kincade kicks me off the bed.

"Okay I deserved that one" I laugh.