eighteen

Sapphire Westlock - 9:39 AM - Columbia Uni

"Ight, bye" Jah says as we arrive to the gym. He wanted me to walk with him. It was now Thursday, and things between us had been off.

After he came in late last week, he had been acting so weird. "Love you" he says dully and kisses my cheek.

"Love you" I say back and turn around, going to my class. His game tomorrow was in Miami.

Jaqueline gave me Friday off so I was telling him I could go with him, but he said Coach said no.

"Hudsonnn" I spot her walking with Malik to the gym. "Sapphireee" she says eagerly and gives me a big hug. I feel like I haven't seen her in forever.

"First game back, you excited?" I ask Malik and he nods.

The shit with Dakota had cleared up after he showed the live video to the board. You could hear what was going on in the background.

"Ight luh girl, I'mma see you" Malik hugs Hudson and she smiles wide as hell. Oooo she caught them feeeels.

"Bye Malik" they kiss and he walks in the gym. "Ooo bitch" I say and she busts out laughing. "Yeaaa" she trails off.

-
It was now Saturday, and Jah was still out of town. He told me he would be back this afternoon though. He wanted to stay another day in Florida.

I finished my journalism essay, which took up most of the day until it was time to go and get Nile from daycare. I get in my car and pull off, driving to the day care.

I was walking in when all of a sudden, I smell something so strange. My mouth fills with saliva and I throw up all over the bushes.

"What is that smell..." I trail off and try to get myself back together. "Fuck" I sigh. This is the third time I've thrown up this week, and last week I was feeling sick too.

I'm gonna call Destiny.

I finish picking Nile up and book and appointment with my gynecologist. She said she can fit me in tomorrow.

When I get back to the apartment, Destiny is already there. "You good, Best?" she asks and I shake my head.

"I'm so sick, I think..." I suggest and she lets out the biggest gasp. "Does Jah know?" she asks and I shake my head.

"Me and Jah ain't been right lately..." I shrug and she frowns. "It okay, y'all gone get back right. But I know you been sick so I brought you one of these" she tosses me a pregnancy test.

"You only have one? Or multiple" I ask and she tosses me another one. "Ah shit. How do I do this?" I ask, going into the bathroom.

"You've never taken one?" she asks and I shake my head.

"Just pee on it, or get a cup and put it in the pee" she says.

I take both pregnancy tests and set them on the counter. My hands and legs were shaking and my heart was beating out of my chest. I can't take care of two kids at 18.