i would die for you in secret.

Mesopotamia - 5000 BC

The Earth was beautiful, you decided

The Earth was beautiful, you decided. You were sitting on a cliff by the Domo, watching the waves below. The others were settling in with the tribe of humans you had saved today, but you wanted a moment of peace. You wanted to see the world you had been sent to protect.

"The night is quiet tonight. I like it," a voice broke you from your thoughts. You turned to see one of your fellow Eternals sit next to you on the ground. It was the man you had first seen when you awoke from your hibernation. You recalled blushing profusely when he met your eyes across the chamber, smirking at you. The memory brought warmth to your cheeks again.

"Me too," you said quietly. You did not know his name. You didn't know any of your fellow passengers save for Ajak, your leader, and Thena, legendary warrior of Olympia. Though, you only knew her by reputation.

"I'm Druig," he said.

"Y/N," you told him.

"Y/N," he repeated. You liked how he said your name. "What brings you out here tonight, Y/N? Tired of the humans we're meant to protect already?"

"Of course not," you said quickly. "I was just admiring our new home, I guess. What about you?"

"Oh I was tired of the humans," he joked. You laughed.

"They seem very strange, don't they?" You said. "I find them very interesting. Their minds are chaotic."

"They seem primitive," he corrected.

"They're young," you said. "I'm sure they will learn."

"We shall see." He said and you nodded in agreement.

Ajak had asked you to read their minds when you entered their settlements, and it had been such a chaotic mess. They thought and felt so many things, you weren't used to listening to this many people at once. It had been the other reason you had sought solace by the cliffs. You had needed a moment of peace.

Druig did not seem to have any desire to break that peace as you fell into a comfortable silence with him, sitting here under the stars, watching the crashing of the waves of your new home.

Mesopotamia - 3000 BC