i love you for ten thousand more.

Avengers Tower

You walked into the living space when the party was already in full swing

You walked into the living space when the party was already in full swing. There were lots of people there that you didn't know, people who didn't quite understand what the party was for. They didn't know how close they had come to the end. But then, they didn't need to. That's what you all were here for. To fight the battles for them, the battles that they couldn't.

You saw Sam, Kingo and Bucky by the pool table and walked over, smiling at them. "Who's winning?"

"Obviously me," Sam said.

"Because you're a cheater," Bucky retorted.

"That is offensive, I have never cheated in my life," Sam said.

You laughed. "You cheated at Monopoly the last time we played," you said.

"That's different. Everyone cheats at Monopoly," he smirked.

You rolled your eyes before looking at Kingo. "Where's Sprite?"

"She had homework," he said. "She should be down later."

You smirked at him. "You know she's going to drive you crazy now that she's a human right?"

"As opposed to before?" He asked. "But God, I am not looking forward to the teenage years."

"Yeah those hormones are gonna be raging," Sam said.

"Maybe she can come stay with you," Kingo looked at you hopefully. "Where are you and Druig settling down anyway?"

You shrugged. "We haven't talked about it yet."

You looked around the room and saw Steve talking to Thor and some older gentlemen. You smiled at him when he caught your eye. You walked over to them, waving the boys off.

"You look nice," he said, meeting you halfway.

"Thanks," you smiled. "You too." You sighed and looked around the room at all the people having the time of their life. "It's crazy, isn't it? The news covered the Horde a bit. They were just bugs kidnapping humans, but still. They don't know how close they came to the end. And here they are, just having the time of their life."

"That's what being human is," he smiled at you. "It's enjoying the moments you can, because you don't know when the end is coming. You don't know which moment could be your last. You just strive for as much life as you can before it."

"That's what I've always liked about you humans," you said. "Even in darkness, you persevere. You find the good moments, and you hold on."

He looked at you for a moment. "Eternals are allowed to do that too."

You looked at him questioningly. "What?"

"When the Horde took you over, and Druig had to control you, I finally saw it," he said. "I finally understood."