told a million lies now i'll tell a single truth.

Avenger's Tower - 2023

You could hear the others talking, asking you what had happened, who was coming

You could hear the others talking, asking you what had happened, who was coming. Their voices sounded almost like a whisper in a dream. You couldn't concentrate on them. Steve had had to all but carry you to the couch. Your mind was spinning at a hundred miles per hour.

None of this made sense to you. You had seen it in Ikaris's head, all those years ago. Those images had haunted you for so long. They had all been for the Emergence. They had accepted it, no questions asked. But now they had stopped it? Ajak and Gilgamesh weren't there, and you weren't sure what that meant. And Druig. Gods, you hadn't connected with Druig's mind in five hundred years, but somehow, it still felt like home to you. You had shared his thoughts and emotions for almost 6000 years, seeking peace from the ever present minds of the humans you were forced to read. Hearing him again in your mind, feeling him, you couldn't process it.

"Someone slap her," you vaguely heard Tony say.

"Tony, no!" Steve's voice rang out from beside you.

"What? She's clearly having a comatose moment and we need to know who's coming," Tony said. "Also, raise your hands if you knew she was psychic."

"She can read minds, Tony," Bruce said. "Of course she's psychic."

"I mean yeah, but this seemed omniscient, didn't it?" Tony said.

"Okay I've had enough," Natasha stepped forward and slapped you, drawing you out of your thoughts and bringing you back to your actual surroundings.

You looked around at the others, all standing around you, watching you with concern. "Are you okay?" Steve asked.

"I think I'll have to get back to you on that," you said, closing your eyes as you let out a deep breath, another thought coming to you. What you had feared for almost seventy years, what you had known was coming but didn't know how to stop, it was over. Somehow, the Emergence was over. You felt like you had taken your first real, carefree breath in decades.

"Hey, Tiger Lily, welcome back," Tony said. "Care to explain what that was? Also who's coming?"

"I don't know what it was. But the others, like me," you said quietly. "They're coming."

"The Eternals are on their way here?" Thor said boisterously. "Wonderful! We shall have a merry time. I have not seen them since 600 B.C. I shall have to make more of Odin's special brew. Kingo always drank it by the barrels. Do you remember that bonfire, Y/N, when Kingo did that ridiculous dance?" You glared at him and he coughed. "I mean, I know nothing."

"Smooth," Sam rolled his eyes. "But also did Thor just imply he knew Y/N in 600 B.C.? Y'all heard that too right?"

"Also what is a Kingo?" Tony said. "Are you making up words again, Point Break?"

"Kingo, I've heard that name before," Bucky said suddenly. He had been quiet this whole time, his eyes on you in concern.

"He was part of your family," Steve said, remembering as well. "You told us about him."