burn with the brightest flame.

Wakanda - 2018

"Everyone on my position," you heard Steve tell you through your ear piece as you waved your hand, sending the barreling wheel headed for you at the Outriders

"Everyone on my position," you heard Steve tell you through your ear piece as you waved your hand, sending the barreling wheel headed for you at the Outriders. "We have incoming."

"On my way," you tapped your ear, and took off into the sky, your mind reaching out for Vision's. You saw him in the trees and dove down, landing next to Steve. "What's the plan?"

"We have to stop him from getting to Vision," Steve said.

"Got it," you said as a blue cloud appeared. You put your hands out, the gold shimmering around your hands.

Thanos stepped out, and immediately Bruce charged. You saw the stones light up as his Iron Suit went straight through him and collided with the rocks. Thanos pointed his gauntlet, causing the rock to embed him there, immobilizing him. T'Challa went next, but he too, was stopped as Thanos grabbed him and punched him to the floor. One by one, each of the Avengers were taken out, unable to stand against the might of the Infinity Stones.

Steve grabbed the gauntlet, and you saw him struggling to stop it, until Thanos punched him out with his other hand. Thanos began approaching Wanda, but you waved your hands, sending him back. It was up to you now.

"Enough," you said, levitating in the air. "You will not succeed."

"An Eternal?" He stated at you. "There are no Deviants here. Why would you get involved?"

"These people are my friends," you said.

"Do your friends know of what is coming?" He asked. "Do they know what lies in the core of this planet even now?"

You tensed, and he saw it.

"They do not know, do they?" He laughed. "They do not know that more than Zgreb the Aspirant is trapped under the surface, awaiting their release."

"Zgreb is a myth," you said. You had heard stories of the Fallen, every Eternal had. You had thought it was a bedtime story you had heard on Olympia, a terrifying tale of the Aspirant that had left the First Firmament, the first universe, to come to Earth in search of his Celestial friend only to decimate the planet when he saw what had happened to him and then trapped in an eternal cage, waiting to be broken free to finish what he started. A tale that was meant to instill terror of the First Firmament in all Eternal children. But you knew now that there had been no Olympia. You had had no childhood. There was nothing before this, before what you were now, before you had been created. You wondered why Arishem had placed that make believe story in your minds.

"Is he?" Thanos smirked, as if he knew something you did not. "I can sense your trepidation of the coming events. Why do you fight me, daughter of Arishem? Join with me. Together, we can stop the Emergence. With what I intend to do, half the population will be wiped out. There will not be enough intelligent life to sustain the Celestial for centuries to come."