every lesson forms a new scar.

Arctic Circle

The Quinjet landed on the icy ground slowly

The Quinjet landed on the icy ground slowly. You took a deep breath as you thought about what you were about to find. Tony had called you in to tell you Friday had found the cave in the arctic from the images in your mind. It had been decided that you, Steve, Tony, Phastos and Sersei would go check it out. The others would be on standby if they were needed. They'd headed back to New York, only a flight away when your jet had flown to the coordinates Friday had found. Druig hadn't liked that, which he made very clear in your mind. But you'd ignored him. None of you knew what you'd find when you got there. And well, you couldn't think clearly with Druig here.

"I think we'd have seen Horde already if Zgreb had taken refuge here," Sersei sighed out in relief.

You nodded. You didn't think this is where the Dark Celestial would come to hide away. All the images you'd seen had been from the past as far as you could tell. But maybe there would be something that could help you in this battle.

"Regardless, everyone stay alert," Steve said as you all disembarked.

"And if you see a gigantic flying insect, shoot it," Tony added. You rolled your eyes.

You walked into the cave slowly. Tony pushed a button on his suit and nano bots flew out, lighting your way. "That is quite a suit," Phastos said. "I'd love to get a look at it."

"Yeah, sorry that violates all kinds of personal trademark regulations, also personal space," Tony said. "But hey, when we get back to New York, I'd love for you to come down to the R&D floors, Eternal Tesla. See some of the things we're working on."

"Yeah that'd be cool," Phastos said. "I have some great ideas on how to improve the Avengers tech."

"If you're done setting up your man date," Steve said. "I think I see something up there."

"First of all that's sexist and slightly homophobic," Tony said. "It would just be a date. Welcome to the 21st Century, Cap. But also I see it. What is that thing?"

You made your way into a cavern. There was a corpse on the ice, frozen. "It looks like a Celestial," Sersei said as Tony and Phastos's devices flew out to examine it.

"The Celestial that fell to Earth first?" You exchanged a look with her. "The one that led Zgreb here?"

"I guess all the myths are true," she said quietly as they walked around it..

"What's this?" Steve said, drawing your attention to the wall of the cavern. There were strange markings in the ice.

You walked over to him and looked at the markings, slowly grazing them with your hand. You knew it immediately. It looked like it had been here for a long time. You hadn't seen it in centuries, not since you left the Domo all those years ago. "It's a message," you told him. "Written in the ancient language of the Celestials. I can't read it."