t a v e r n t r o u b l e s

╭┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈╮

❝Cry when you've lost everything,
smile when you know you've had
it all.❞

╰┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╯

■□□□□□□□□□ 10%

■■■□□□□□□□ 30 %

■■■■■□□□□□ 50%

■■■■■■■□□□ 70%

■■■■■■■■■□ 90%

●        ●       ●

                                 ┌ . . .                                                                                           

s t a r t g a m e ?

                                            . . . ┘

> [yes]     [no]

After the healing process- and Bennett beating up as many slimes as possible to regain his Elemental Burst, he slapped down his healing ring for your pains to settle and your wounds to close up. It was a little more relaxing as the heat calmed your nerves down when you laid your back upon it, since healing it manually caused pains to flicker up your arm every time you tried to stretch after resting.

As much as you wanted to return to Aether- Bennett and Razor tugged you everywhere they could- you having no ability to say no to Bennett's puppy eyes. After a large period of time, you ended up back in the gates of Mondstadt, tugging your hood back over your head to make sure Diluc couldn't spot you if he was wandering the streets today.

Razor headed back to Wolvendom, deciding not to prance about in the area of city folk, leaving you and Bennett to chatter amongst the crowds of people that recovered after the recent Stormterror attack. And Bennett being the social butterfly he is- he tried to introduce you to as many people as he could.

Don't get yourself wrong, you loved to talk to people, but at the pace Bennett was going at, you had trouble keeping up. Though due to the fact you would pass by these NPCs in-game all the time, they were all familiar in your mind.
Soon enough, Bennett had brought you to Angel's Share, which caused your nerves to spike as soon as Bennett started to open the door to the tavern. The second you shifted your foot to repel yourself from sliding into the tavern, Bennett's grips on your wrist started to loosen as he looked back at your nervous expression.

"What's wrong?" He asked you softly, watching you look at the red hair that flickered across the inside of the tavern, "There's no reason to be afraid."

You quickly retracted your attention from the redhead from behind the now-closed doors and focused back onto the unlucky adventurer in front of you, "I-I'm not scared... It's just- don't you think that we're a little too young to be entering a tavern of all places?" You tried to make up an excuse.

"Oh! Don't mind all that! They serve non-alcoholic drinks here, so they allow people 16 years or older in since we pretty much know that drunk people exist." Bennett reassured you. But to be honest, it only made you all the more nervous to step into Angel's Share.

Bennett tugged you in- and the hairs on the back of your neck started to stand as fiery red eyes bored into your soul as soon as you were hurried in. Nervously, you quietly stepped behind Bennett and Diluc watched you both walk in, the glass in his hand getting shinier with every rub of his towel.

"Welcome to Angel's Share, anything I can get you both?" Diluc asked you, placing down the now cleaned wine glass with a clink that could alert the entire tavern if it was a bit quieter from its usual bustle.

Bennett tugged you toward as he stepped up near the bar's counter, though he didn't take a seat just yet, "Hey, Diluc! I was wondering if you could give us two Berry and Mint Bursts please!!"

The redhead nodded, grabbing two more glasses as Bennett continued to pull you along to the upstairs- where almost no one ever went up. You did slightly enjoy the secluded area since Diluc wouldn't have been staring at you far too much as to recognize you since he had usually stared at your face for too long from the night you infiltrated Mondstadt. But in reality, all you wanted to do was get in so that you wouldn't have to hunt and scavenge out in the woods for food. Kaeya, Albedo, and Diluc being suspicious of you wasn't helping your case either. With all three of them on your tail, things could lead to a major disaster if Venti doesn't pop out of nowhere to come to save you.

Soon after 10 minutes, Diluc came up and placed your drinks in front of you- his shoulder brushing against yours as you flinched back away from him. His eyes flickered to lock in with yours before backing away again as a heat burned in the area where his shoulder had once touched yours before leaving the upstairs to serve his other customers.

Once the wine tycoon had left the area, Bennett's eyebrow had risen, "What was that about? That wasn't a very Diluc thing of him to do." he had said to you, watching your erratic breathing quicken, "Hey- uh, are you okay?"

"Fuck, fuck, fuck-" You muttered, clutching the sides of your head as your heart rate increased from the panic building up in your chest. The minute Diluc pulls a dangerous move on you- it's all over. Everything that you tried to do would all soon be trampled on because you couldn't keep yourself undercover.

Just when you thought it was over, Diluc climbed up the stairs again, a glass of grape juice in his hand as he sat down on one of the tables. Bennett asked why he came back up only to be answered with Diluc taking his lunch break.

Now you wished you said no to Bennett's pleading.

┌ . . .

s a v e g a m e ?

. . . ┘

> [yes] [no]

LOADING...

EXITING GAME...

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING! COME AGAIN SOON.

[A/n]: ack rushed chapter