➤ ° ✧ x i n y i ⭒゛

➤ ° ✧ start ⭒゛

➤ ° ✧ start ⭒゛. . .
 . . .    Steps ricocheted off of the walls as something approached the boy glancing nervously down upon his people. This Archon War had affected many of the vision holders into fighting for their Archons, killing other people in the process. This wasn't good. This wasn't good at all.

"Lord Xinyi, the Anemo Archon is at the gates. Do we let him in?" A guard with striking emerald eyes asked the watcher of the city. Fear clouded and itched upon his eyes, knowing that something terrible might happen.

The brown-haired male let out a shaky breath, almost as if the Cryo Archon had struck them with their magic- a chilling feeling, making him shiver, "Let him in. I know Lord Barbatos means no harm to my people. He is a friend; and an ally."

The guard bowed respectfully, then straightened back up, "Will do, Lord Xinyi." He quietly exited the room to leave the watcher alone in his room, knowing that he needed no guarding, even if the knights guarded the castle anyway.

Xinyi sighed, running a frustrated hand through his brown hair that was stricken with purple streaks, "I did not want to be part of this war and stated it very clearly. I wanted my people out of this. Yet, they decide to attack my kingdom."  

The patter of feet evaded Xinyi's hearing once more, making his rose-colored eyes flicker to the edge of his vision, wary of whoever was behind him. He sensed three presences to be exact, knowing that one of them was Lord Barbatos.

"Greetings, Xinyi. I see your kingdom is in poor shape. Do you perhaps need any help with recovering?" The light, carefree voice of the Anemo Archon asked the boy who was now turned around.

"We're doing just fine, Lord Barbatos. We'll call for your help if we need it." Xinyi's eyes closed as he spoke. His back pressed against the window ledge, his foot pressed against the wall with his arms crossed.

The Archon let out a nervous chuckle, "Xinyi, your people are dying. They're being wiped out." The rose-colored eyes met with green fear-stricken ones, "At least let us defend your kingdom properly. You're giving yourself up."

Guilt and pain clawed inside of the boy's stomach, "I know that, Barbatos... I didn't want to be part of this war, but the other Archons just wouldn't listen. I wanted Teyvat to be a nice place, where all of the vision holders can battle together. But it isn't happening anytime soon now, isn't it?" His brows furrowed as his worries flooded his thoughts.

"So you're just going to give up?" Barbatos asked, concern lacing his voice as he looked up at his friend, watching his face contort into different emotions. Every emotion was negative, and it wasn't like him. This boy was a smiling, adventurous boy that never had a worry in the world. Now, he was in distress. Worry and a hidden depression absorbing his entire being. It hurt the Anemo Archon himself to see him in such a horrid state.

"It's the only option I have. I don't want to fight." His voice cracked the slightest as bubbles of tears welled up on the edges of his eyelids, threatening to shed down his delicate, pale cheeks. Xinyi didn't like this feeling at all. He hated it, he despised it. He wanted to get rid of this hurt and throw it into the depths of a lava pool.

Barbatos stepped towards his friend, placing his right hand behind the rose-eyed boy's head and pressing it against his shoulder, and then wrapping his left arm around his waist as Xinyi cried. The brunet tightly hugged the torso of  Barbatos, wanting him to stay forever.

"Don't worry, Xinyi, I'll protect you. I'll protect your people." The Anemo Archon whispered into his ear as Xinyi continued to sob his heart out.

◜✧ But did that really work, Lord Barbatos?
I ended up fading in the end.
Was Teyvat better without another Archon? 
✧◞