14. You saw it all perfect. It gave you a rush

In the end, Nila booked the hotel closest to Kwang's friend. The weather at Jeju was unseasonably warm, and there was no sign of rain, so the couple was forced to leave their hotel room and explore.

"Bae Kwang will meet us for lunch at a place he recommended," Kwang explained after hanging up the phone. They sat eating breakfast at the hotel restaurant while he waited for Bae Jin's call.

"So that means we can do some exploring this morning?"

"Yes, there is a beach right up from the restaurant, so I thought we could go there since the weather is so nice," Kwang announced as he drank his juice and stroked the back of Jin's hand.

"Sounds great, but I think I'll leave my swimsuit behind. I think the water will be too cold for me."

"I agree. We can go for a swim here if you want when we get back," Kwang offered.

"Oh, I was thinking of a different type of exercise," Jin teased, then blushed, shocked by her wantonness. Kwang laughed and squeezed her hand.

"That too," Kwang promised.

It had been a long two weeks for the both of them. Kwang had worked several nights in a row to get the time off. Jin had been busy begging for investors and holding off the Li family's advances on her company. They had talked about first taking a nap and then going out for a late dinner, but passion outweighed fatigue when they arrived in the hotel room.

They had slept in this morning and only had a light continental breakfast to avoid being over full for their lunch date with Kwang's friend. Bae Kwang was the first friend of Jin's she would meet. He was the son of Dr. Bae, and so he was familiar with her story, which made it better, maybe. Still, she was nervous, and Kwang knew it.

"Jin, he doesn't have to like you. Only I have to like you," Kwang repeated after she shifted nervously in the seat of the car they had rented. Kwang had to drive because Jin hadn't bothered to get a Korean license.

"I know, but that doesn't mean I don't care if he likes me or not. I want your friends to like me," Jin admitted. Then took a deep breath. They still had a few hours before lunch.

Kwang did an excellent job of distracting her on the beach. The water was freezing when he splashed it on her. They ran around acting a bit like children, and it felt wonderful.

"I haven't made a sandcastle in years," Jin admitted. Kwang laughed and dumped another bucket of wet sand on their creation. The children they were playing with supplied the tools, and Kwang provided the muscle. His phone beeped, and he wiped his hands before checking it.

"We should go. I need to clean up before lunch," Kwang told her. Jin nodded and waved goodbye to their new friends as they ran to the beach showers to wash off some of the sand. That water was also freezing, so Jin had to wrap up in a shawl she bought from a street vendor despite the balmy weather.

They chose to walk to the restaurant, so they didn't have to find another parking space. A tall Korean man stood up and waved at Kwang when they entered. The men shook hands, and the woman stood up to greet them.

"Hi, I'm Bae Kwang, and this is my wife, Si-woo," the tall man explained.

"It's nice to meet you both," Jun answered with a polite bow.

"Oh, your Korean is so good!" Si-woo exclaimed with relief. "I was worried I would have to try my horrible English when Kwang told me you were American."

"My mother was from Korea, so I learned Korean and English from birth. Both are my first languages."

"Awesome, I can speak Japanese, but not as well as my Korean," Si-woo had an accent, but it was light, and Jin didn't have as much difficulty understanding her as she did the waitress who took their orders. Luckily, Kwang ordered for her after they discussed the options.