19. If you've got the answer, let us all know

"How are you feeling?" De-Jung asked as he grabbed Kwang's bag.

"Better, thanks for picking me up. I could have called a car." Kwang had told his friend he was arriving today to arrange dinner for the three friends. Ae Ri had insisted he should do more to socialize with other people. De-Jung liked the idea and wanted to pick him up at the train station.

"No problem, you want to stay with me tonight? We can go out on the town. I could introduce you to the joys of life without women." Kwang thought De-Jung might be only half kidding.

"Are you hitting on me?" Kwang teased.

"No, things are going well with Min-ho. But if you are open to it, I'll call you if things go bad," De-Jung returned with a hearty punch on Kwang's arm.

"Um, raincheck?" Kwang responded with his own punch. It felt good to joke around with De-Jung. "Are the others free tonight?"

"Gi is. Yong is on baby duty tonight."

"God, the thought of that guy with a kid is scary!" Kwang laughed at the thought as he entered the car.

"You would think, but he's actually pretty good with her. It's like he's a different person when he's with his family."

"Well, that's good." Kwang leaned his head back and watched the sun drift down over the city. "Gi is a little calmer when Yong's not around, so maybe we won't make as much of a scene."

"Right, and will you be drinking?" De-Jung was driving them directly to the restaurant. Gi texted, letting them know he had snagged a table already.

"No, if you trust me driving your car, you can go ahead and drink."

"Well, I do have to work tomorrow, so I'll go light on things. How about you?"

"I have a meeting with my father in the morning, and then the board will decide in the afternoon if I should get back to work."

"Damn, that's harsh. Who did you piss off?"

"I have no idea," Kwang answered angrily. He had thought about it over and over again. He had never been discourteous, just not friendly. Who could have complained about him?

Dinner turned out more sedate than their last gathering. I couldn't stay out long, so none of them drank too much. Gi's girlfriend was pressuring him to get married, so that was what they talked about the most. De-Jung thought it was a good idea, but Kwang hadn't met her, so he hesitated to comment.

"We should go on a double date then. You can meet her without it being weird." De-Jung punched Gi in the arm and furrowed his brow. "What-OH! Sorry, Kwang."

"Gi, you have the memory of a gnat!" De-Jung scolded. "Or did you drink so much last time you forgot the whole reason Kwang called us for dinner?"

"Sorry!" Gi waved his hands in defense. "I was wrapped up in my own thoughts."

"It's okay, man, as soon as I start dating someone new, I'll call you for a double date, okay? Until then, De-Jung's dating someone if you'd like."

Gi flushed and shook his head. "That wouldn't be any better than her coming to meet us, still more guys than girls, and anyway, they already met at Shin-Hye's christening."

"Right, okay, then it will have to wait." Kwang cringed. He had missed Yong's daughter's christening because he had been in Jeju with Jin. It was the only thing they couldn't reschedule, and since Kwang always felt uncomfortable in church, it didn't take a lot to convince him to skip it.

"And with that, it is time to go!" De-Jung announced as they all grabbed their wallets to split the check.

"Would you mind dropping me off at my place?" Kwang asked after they dropped Gi off at his apartment.