Chapter 36 ~ Twins of Fae (M)

MATURE ✨    
___________________

Faelas' company reached the Elvenking's Halls at last

Faelas' company reached the Elvenking's Halls at last. The journey passed smoothly after the oaken cottage, and Faelas suspected that they had only lost their way because he was meant to end up there. With every sprightly step forward since connecting with his parents, Faelas felt that sense of promise grow.

Luna was in bright spirits, but of course, she would not explain to Faelas why his parents appeared in the forms of two deers. "I would not care to ruin it for the wizards," she chirped cheerfully.

The roar of the waters reached Faelas' ears long before he saw the elegant blue gates to the stronghold. Brilliant sun streaked in upon the bridge and the sound of the rushing river below reminded him of Imladris.

And then he felt it again. That undeniable magic that felt familiar. It seemed to flicker at the edges of his being as if wishing to enter...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Faeriel's fifteenth day at the fortress was more than halfway over. She still felt raw from the wounds of trauma reopened during her earlier argument with Legolas. But he had parted ways with her with the utmost tenderness. He was not angry, and she anticipated seeing him again soon. She would hug him so tightly!

She and Talishaya were just wrapping up their lesson.

"Yes, Legolas and I did learn the wrist escape," Faeriel affirmed to her friend. "It hurt my wrists a little, but then he kissed them," Faeriel smiled at the memory so blithely she did not notice Tali's knowing smile.

Rusco and Sasha hopped up, two russet blurs. They squeaked excitedly, dashing about Faeriel's shoulders and tangling her hair.

~ Sorry I have been gone lately, ~ Rusco told Faeriel. ~We are almost finished making our nest. ~

Sasha's thoughts did not yet come through in words, but her emotions, needs and wants were clear nonetheless. She felt happy and content living hither with Rusco.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~