Ch2 Page 1

Andrew:

Snowflakes have started to fall. We're about 10 minutes from my parent's house and August isn't asleep like he usually is when we drive somewhere. "What's up? You nervous?" I ask, trying to break the silence. "Is it that obvious?" he sighs. He's shaking his leg, and he keeps biting at his lips. It's really obvious.

"It's gonna be fine. You don't have to worry so much."

"Your parents are probably gonna hate me. I look like a biker."

I laugh "You do NOT look like a biker. Plus, they love everyone."

He's looking out the window and his hands are shaking. I reach out and put my hand on his. He flinches and pulls his hand away. "I-I'm sorry, I don't know what's gotten into me." he looks down at his lap and starts picking at a few threads. "It's okay, I'll warn you next time." I smile.

As we pull up the 'U' shaped driveway, August stares in awe. The house is a pale green and is covered in lights. It's a 3 story, 8 bedroom house so it's pretty big. The outside is decorated with plenty of Christmas lights, wreaths, and ribbons. "Christ! You neglected to tell me you're rich" He snaps his head towards me, he's clearly panicking more. "It didn't seem important." I shrug.

As I step out of the car August sighs. He steps out of the passenger side and...wow. He looks so good. He has a green military jacket over a button-up shirt and tight black jeans and his combat boots. He's still chewing on his bottom lip. He's so cute when he's nervous. "Lead the way." He gestures to the front door.